Our mission is to reduce waste in every metals industry to zero, saving the world one tonne at a time.
At Deep.Meta we strongly believe metals industries are as crucial in today’s society as they were a century ago. The majority have remained technologically conservative and have masses of underutilized data they could be using to optimise their production and supply chain.
We’re optimisation enthusiasts! This is why we are simplifying the most complex problems in the metals industry, using insights from deep learning to develop Machine Learning software that is directly deployable to production lines.
UX/UI Intern Description
We are looking for an Intern who is a highly motivated and talented User Interface (UI) designer with a desire to have a lasting impact in industrial AI. You will have ownership of building our first UI for our metals industry-focused software. You will work alongside the core team and industry leaders to bring to life a customer-centric experience.
The ideal candidate will be highly adaptable and thrive in fast-paced environments. They will be confident in making deliberate design choices to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
- Ownership and development of the first UI interface for Deep.Meta
- Effectively communicate your interaction ideas using wireframes, prototypes, style guides or user flows.
- Team player, working closely with the founders to bring a tailored UX to life
- 3 years of experience in UI design with a proven track record. (Includes student experience at university or otherwise)
- Ability to design UI compatible with Python in particular Pythorch
- Strong portfolio to be presented during the interview.
- Ability to receiving objective criticism and converting these into actions
- Experience using design tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows etc
- This is a 3-month internship
- There is a strong drive to transition this to contracted/full-time employment after we raise investment (in 3 months time)
- Work directly with an enthusiastic confounding team of CEO and CTO
- Working with the largest steel companies in the world with £ Bns in revenue
- Connection to a thriving network of 100+ other European startups from various fields from Biotech to Social Justice