Principal Product Designer
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
What we need
We've embarked on an ambitious new phase of development to advance our product and technology including redefining our partner and consumer facing apps and websites. It’s an exciting time and we need to strengthen and grow our teams!
We're looking for a Principal Product Designer to work across our user and partner-facing apps and websites.
You will have the user front of mind and love insights, data and research. You will play an important role within the Digital Product Group and be part of a wide range of projects across all digital platforms.
Some key skills & experience you’ll need…
- Experience in designing first-class customer facing products with a clear customer centric approach
- Strong experience in designing for apps, mobile web and desktop
- Strong experience creating and maintaining a design system
- Strong experience with brand development and implementation within digital products
- Experience with customer research and usability testing
- Ability to create prototypes for UX research using prototyping tools (eg. Sketch, Axure)
- Good grasp on common accessibility issues
- Experience with AB testing
...and something more about you
- You are positive, pragmatic and collaborative.
- You’re committed to quality and continuous improvement
- You are a product designer with a strong UI background and a good grasp of UX and UX research
- You are focused on outcomes over outputs - you work towards achieving purposeful goals that provide tangible value to the wider business
- You have a great passion for understanding customer problems and needs. You use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed, evidence-based decisions
- You’re a good storyteller; you engage and inspire others by clearly articulating and communicating your vision and approach
- You are curious about how things work, and you’re keen to explore how they might be improved
- You embrace challenges, persist, and learn through support and feedback
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until at least September, we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!