We are on a mission to make homeownership suck less. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and transparent.
We're looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to take Setter’s user experience to the next level, innovating UX, UI, Visual and Product Design. You'll work closely with Product, Growth, Engineering and Operations as we continue to develop new products and services and optimize our current products and internal systems. Someone successful in this role has kaizen: you are naturally curious and open-minded, have a desire to learn, are self-aware and wanting to continuously improve your skills. As a broadly curious Product Designer and deep thinker, you will champion consistent experiences across platforms while contributing to the design of new products using industry-leading design. As we are a small, scrappy, but growing team with a high impact, we need someone with a strong, process-oriented background that can think on their toes and tackle multiple projects at a time.
The ideal candidate has worked in an Agile environment within a small to medium sized organization, specifically in retail, technology and/or a startup, designing customer facing B2C, B2B and enterprise products. You are adaptable, flexible and comfortable with changing priorities. You have a strategic mindset and can perform information architecture.
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Designer;
- Complete set of UX-related skills, including UI design, user research, strategy, accessibility, copywriting, illustration and more;
- Fresh pair of eyes with unbiased, creativity and innovative ideas;
- Ability to understand brand well and can translate it into the product;
- Effective communication skills with the ability to understand and describe thoughts, designs, ideas and specs in an unambiguous manner;
- A human-centric approach for a solution and ability to design the bigger picture.
You have experience in:
- User Analytics: Using UX frameworks to define what to track and set up appropriate goals and events; using statistical tools and analysis to extrapolate from the data gathered;
- Usability Testing: Planning, scheduling participants, and creating test scripts and scenarios; evaluating and synthesizing findings to communicate to stakeholders;
- Decision Making & Problem Solving: Identifying product issues, breaking them down and creating tasks; identifying new product ideas and opportunities, and implementing them without supervision;
- Prototyping: Modularizing design using optimizations like components, symbols and text styles; creating fully functional prototypes with tools like Framer, HTML or CSS;
- Graphics & Visual (Nice to have): Generating assets needed (i.e. icons, illustration, photography) and creating and maintaining standalone visual components (i.e. style guides).
You also have:
- Experience designing B2C and/or B2B, and enterprise products;
- Experience using Sketch, Figma and InVision;
- A strong understanding of the problems you’re solving for our customers, and experience exploring multiple high-level approaches to solving them;
- A true focus on the customer—you make your design choices based on research, including interviews, usability testing and quantitative data;
- A passion for the “why” of design, as well as the “what”;
- An egoless attitude toward design, a passion to learn and grow every day, and an interest in sharing your learning with your peers;
- Experience working closely with Software Engineers to create world-class experience;
- Experience communicating design choices while designing prototypes and performing usability testing on design work;
- Assets: front-end development experience, basic understanding of HTML and CSS, and experience designing internal facing tools.
- To apply for this position you must include your portfolio (link or upload) with your resume.
While focusing on doing the right thing, we embrace an atmosphere of creativity, belonging, and fun. At our core we're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in: Gumption, focus, and nurture. Together we are building the cities of the future.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. At Setter we believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come into work everyday, then we want to hear from you!
If this role doesn't quite meet everything you are looking for that's okay! Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.