Global Product Design Director
Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit www.cision.com and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Global Director of Product Design at Cision, you will lead a team of talented product designers to define problems, identify opportunities and design solutions with cross-disciplinary involvement including product management, engineering, customer support, end users, etc.
You are a strong believer of user advocacy and know how to promote end-user value as part of the product decision making process. You are open to running design sprints, validating or invalidating concepts, failing and trying again until you and your team succeed.
You will help us by:
- Leading by example and pushing the quality of the work and refine continuously
- Helping designers maintain a well-established, consistent design library
- Providing positive mentorship and guidance, and taking an empathetic view of team, customers and end-users
- Helping develop a culture and mindset to ensure your team is healthy, happy, inventive and curious
- Modeling a strong, collaborative relationship with all stakeholders
- Coordinating and scaling cross-functional efforts across a globally distributed team
You will be a good fit if you have:
- Design Experience: 8+ years in product design and/or related fields
- Management/Mentoring Experience: 3+ years (including with direct reports)
- Willingness to be hands-on to help with projects when necessary, practicing humility and acting as a good listener
- Strong knowledge of design processes and project management
- The ability to form consensus across a broad, fast-moving organization
- A history of mentoring strong designers and contributing to the design community
You will be a great fit if you also have:
- Experience with the following: leading teams to tackle large scale B2C and B2B products, rapid prototyping & iterative development, leveraging data to drive design decisions, some experience operating in larger companies (500+ size)
- Ability to present 1-2 shipped projects during the interview
- Skill preferences: Figma, Design Thinking, Usability Research, Data Presentation, Data Visualization, People Management, Project Management, Lean UX
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.