We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
Who You Are
You are a Product Designer who is passionate about creating the best experience for users in the digital space. You have 2 - 5 years of experience and enjoy the challenge of solving user experience issues inherent to building applications for the web and mobile space.
As a Product Designer, you will have a passion for understanding users and how they interact with digital products. As well as designing the user flow and interfaces for trading applications, you will be expected to conduct usability research and gather results for further analysis. You will be involved in the definition, design and development of new features where performance and user experience must be world class. You are a team player who enjoys working and brainstorming with other designers, programmers, and managers. You’re also a self starter who enjoys learning about the latest design trends and tools of the UX/UI industry.
In this role, you will:
- Design and create a consistent and user friendly experience across all OANDA’s trading platforms
- Have a passion for understanding users and how they interact with digital products
- Contribute innovative ideas which will build upon OANDA’s award-winning trading platforms
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes and final designs showing the user flow and interface
- Collaborate with other designers, engineers, project managers and product managers
- Build and conduct usability testing sessions to ensure the proposed user experience meets user expectations
- Create documentation for user experience and design guidelines
- 2 - 5 years experience specializing in web, mobile, interaction design, and user research
- Expert level use of at least one of the following tools: Sketch, InVision, Framer, Figma, Adobe XD
- Experience with UserTesting.com
- Strong conceptualization and visual communication ability
- Strong design and production skills with great attention to detail
- Experience and understanding of user interface and visual design patterns
- A high personal standard when it comes to user experience and interface design and usability
- A passion for all technologies especially in the web and mobile space
- Experience in fintech
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience in data visualization
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible