Director of Digital Product Design
Loeb.nyc is seeking a talented Director of Product Design with deep expertise in user experience/user interface design, and success in leading design teams. This role is onsite in our NYC office (currently remote).
The Director of Product Design will join the Product team that operates inside of a venture-backed startup collective (Loeb.nyc), servicing a portfolio of 20+ companies. Loeb.nyc is a dynamic environment where entrepreneurial personalities thrive, and where you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects, products, and tasks.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in designing the user experience for consumer products, and a proven track record of leveraging UI/UX to drive consumers down the purchase funnel. You must be comfortable participating in upstream strategy sessions and working in a fast paced/agile environment, supporting multiple projects at once.
Cross-pollination of ideas, methods, and discussion across companies and design personnel is heavily-encouraged. A collaborative spirit is a must. You will work across departments with members of teams focusing on growth, data, and brand.
Our design process doesn’t end when a design is shipped. We work closely with founders, CEOs, and CMOs to measure the effectiveness of design in the context of a business outcome.
- 7+ years of experience in digital design, with experience in both marketing oriented design and product design
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams; ability to scope and estimate timing and resourcing needs
- Extensive portfolio of digital design with work samples for web and mobile applications
- Expertise in interaction design to support marketing initiatives and drive consumer purchases
- Proven ability to balance product, development, and user-centered goals to formulate an overall product strategy
- Experience in conducting stakeholder and user research to inform design decisions
- Experience in creating design language systems for a variety of applications, products and platforms.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a team of designers; Collaborate with team members and provide guidance, mentorship and feedback; lead strategic and creative thinking across the portfolio of products, platforms, and devices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, and presentation skills
- Skilled in distilling complex concepts into manageable chunks, and communicating these clearly and persuasively across the organization
- A self-starter that can operate autonomously in a scrappy manner. Strives for perfection and is always looking for ways to make the work exciting.
- Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, relevant Adobe Creative Suite, Chrome Inspector, and HTML/CSS
- Bachelor's degree in art, design, visual communications preferred