Senior UX Product Designer
Outcomes4Me is on a mission to empower patients to take charge of their care and their health data in ways that accelerate outcomes for all. We launched our first personalized evidence- based mobile app for cancer patients last year. We built it by relentlessly focusing on patients and their needs. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to help millions of patients, diagnosed with life altering chronic diseases such as cancer, navigate their care.
We are hiring a Senior UX Product Designer to bring your critical thinking, pragmatic approach, and strong collaboration skills to a critical growth opportunity for the company. You will own the design of the end to end experience for the Outcomes4Me patient mobile application. In this role you will ensure that patients on our platform have the information and tools they need to confidently navigate their care options. This opportunity will give you a chance to have a significant impact on our highest priority for the business.
You will work side-by-side with company founders, and a multidisciplinary team of talented professionals committed to this mission. This position is full-time and based at our Boston area office, however working remotely during the coronavirus crisis is 100% supported.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You are a seasoned product designer with a proven track record of shipping successful consumer mobile products.
- You are able to take complex requirements, customer needs, and business goals and create elegant, simple design solutions that are scalable and easy to use.
- You have a strong grounding in user-centered design and leverage research insights to explore and iterate on solutions and then validate your designs with customers. You think holistically through the customer journey from marketing and branding to retention and engagement.
- You collaborate and communicate extremely well with team members across multiple disciplines to understand and align on opportunities, problems to solve, and principles guiding decisions.
- You are well-versed in using design systems and understand the importance to customers of consistent, repeatable, interaction patterns.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing. You are able to articulate your design choices, communicate trade-offs, and explain alternatives.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team environment where together we obsess over our customers, elevate our craft, and raise the bar on our experience.
HERE’S MORE OF WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Lead and execute design through all phases of the product development process - from research and insights, design explorations and iteration, to final design handoff to engineering.
- Work with product and engineering to define the schedule of design phases, deliverables, reviews, and milestones.
- Communicate, document, and present design direction to senior leadership, team members, and key stakeholders. • After launching new products and features, track KPIs, identify customer issues, and rapidly iterate on solutions.
YOU’LL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
- 6+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of leading major product design initiatives in consumer facing digital mobile companies, ideally in a B2C setting.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or related field.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. You have experience with every stage of the design process, including: research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to tailor presentations and reviews to different audiences (working team, executive team).
- Highly fluent in the latest design tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Figma, and proficient at quickly learning new ones.
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT IF YOU’RE A
- Confident leader
- Energetic spirit
- Insightful thinker
- Thoughtful do-gooder
- Caring human
Having a life-threatening disease, such as cancer, is devastating. It is like being forced to start a new job with no applicable experience, a job you can’t quit and in which poor performance might just cost you your life.
The U.S. alone spends over $80 billion a year researching and treating cancer. Despite new developments and the progress being made:
- Treatment approaches are complex and vary widely
- We don’t really know how treatments perform in the real world, i.e. on patients that are not part of the clinical trials
- Patients have a hard time understanding their disease and navigating their care
Outcomes4Me helps patients improve their outcomes while simultaneously accelerating the overall cycle of progress. Our mobile app gives patients the ability to manage every aspect of their treatment and recovery. By partnering with national organizations and premier medical institutions, we’re able to provide verified content and functionality that doctors can recommend and patients can trust.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT OUTCOMES4ME
- Purpose: If you gain strength from doing important work, you belong on our team.
- Challenge: We’re improving the lives of people who need us. We have big challenges ahead and the motivation to overcome them.
- Respect: Your opinions are valid. Why wouldn’t they be?
- Trust: We’re building a culture of independence. That means we’re going to trust and support you in making the right decisions.
- Transparency: You need to see the whole picture if you’re going to make an impact. This is a core principle at Outcomes4Me.