UX/UI Mobile App Designer
ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE ULTRA & MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Ultra & Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary UX/UI Mobile App Designer to level up our UX/UI Creative Team in Costa Mesa!
We are looking for an awesome UX/UI Product/App designer to work with our talented and fun in-house agency, Full Bars in Costa Mesa, CA. You are a forward-thinking problem solver. You have great design talent, with the integrity and desire to create excellent work that will help grow our Ultra and Mint Mobile brands. You can deliver all aspects of design, from sketches to prototypes to UI specifications. You’re also a great creative problem solver who is hungry to guide and grow.
As UX/UI Product/App designer, you are not afraid of a blank whiteboard – in fact, it excites you. You are confident and know exactly what is needed to get a concept to the next great launch. Whether you are pushing the pixels yourself, or working with a team, your standards for delivering on business and marketing goals are unwavering. You have a fiercely creative mind that knows when to use restraint in the name of brand continuity, clear messaging, and relevant imagery. You work as a team player and recognize the value of differing perspectives… which allows you to approach problem solving with an open mind. Your experience allows you to ask the right questions and deliver on-point creative solutions.
This position is perfect for a skilled and experienced UX/UI designer. Your range of work experience includes iOS and Android native apps, web based responsive apps and web pages, and web-based account management portals/dashboards.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Delivering user flows, wire frames, design comps, interactive hi-fi prototypes, and user interactions.
- Collaborating with Designers, Copywriters, Developers, Project Managers and the UX/UI Design Director and Creative Director to ensure adherence to business requirements and UI/UX design specifications.
- Embracing an iterative approach to projects and working in an agile scrum team.
- Staying up to date with industry developments and tools, competitive and products and experiences.
- Working within a Design System Manager (DSM).
- Presenting your work and ideas to the team and key stakeholders.
- Making sure all interactions are intuitive and easy for customer use.
- Creating rough sketches/drawings and mock-ups that visualize concepts and provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, User Experience Design or Graphic/Web Design.
- 4+ years of UX/UI design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces and responsive web portal design.
- Expert knowledge of visual and user-centered design principles along with iconography skills, typography, color theory and digital image preparation.
- Experience in designing iOS and Android app experiences from start to finish with familiarity of various device sizes and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, and Google’s Material Design.
- Ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions. You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward feedback.
- Ability to empathize with a user’s needs and/or pain-points and provide a solution to make their experience perfect.
- Experience with concepting, designing, and implementing final artwork into a visual product.
- Highly proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision. After Effects, ProtoPie, Framer or Anima is a plus.
- Ability to create site maps and map out user journeys.
- Familiarity with modern UI patterns, micro-interactions, and responsive web design.
- Strong portfolio with examples of functional designs across web and mobile platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with XCode, Swift and Android Studio/Kotlin.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of team members.
- Strong time/project management skills for working in and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to handle multiple small to large projects simultaneously without sacrificing quality.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Ultra Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.