The job in short
An ambassador for Design at Backbase; working directly with customers to both advise on, and create best practice digital User Experiences for Banking.
Meet the job
Fintech is one of the hottest markets at the moment and there is enormous scope for talented (Service/ UX/ UI) designers and researchers to greatly improve user experiences for customers of banks. Our Customer Success teams are at the centre of a global transformation, working on complex projects with big ambitions; we often change the online presence of our customers drastically.
You’ll be a critical member of the team, working in a close knit team of Product, Technical and Delivery leads to influence best-practice implementation of the Backbase Product. Many of our customers are new to Digital practices so you’ll need to be a great communicator, and even better listener; bridging the challenges for users, product, technology and business is what we pride ourselves in.
As Service Designer you will facilitate workshops, conduct usability tests, create UX strategies, wires and designs for complex web applications. You work closely with our customers to design end-to-end user experiences based on the Backbase product portfolio, utilising our best-practice user journeys to create intuitive designs. You will be leading Backbase teams with the best solutions to develop. Within Backbase we have a strong UX process that includes our full Design System and customer training materials.
We have a great, creative culture in the Design team with over 25 Designers and Researchers working across the organisation. We are looking for someone who will be a great addition to this team, bringing creativity, passion and experience.
While Amsterdam is HQ for Backbase, being onsite with our customers is essential. We work with our customers in Russia, South Africa, Europe, Middle East and North and South America, so a valid passport is a must have.
How about you
● You have 5+ years’ experience in Service/UX/UI design for mobile applications and web;
● You have affinity in facilitating (UX) workshops;
● You have experience in working with complex information and interactions (e.g. forms, data, workflows);
● You have background in Visual Design, either in formal training and/or qualifications;
● You have a strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals;
● You are proficient in Design tools (e.g. Sketch) and Prototyping tools (e.g. Invision);
● You have experience working with User Testing and Research;
● You have experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment throughout lifecycle;
● You have strong collaboration and teamwork experience;
● You are passionate about best-practice design methodologies and technologies;
● You have a good understanding of HTML and CSS;
● You have excellent communication skills in English;
● You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating your work;
● You like to travel and work with customers on location.
Please add a link to your online portfolio on your resume.