Senior Product Designer
Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 60 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $50 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
We’re 100% remote
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
We are seeking an experienced Designer to join our growing product team here at Collage.com. Our product goal is to make it easy and enjoyable for every customer to create photo products, and this position will play a critical role in the continued achievement of that goal. The Designer will also contribute to the establishment of our design system, as well as our ongoing efforts to create a high-quality, consistent experience across our product.
Our Product Team Values
- We believe in developing a great product through a deep understanding of our users with a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, creative use of technology, exemplary design, and an open mindedness to new ideas.
- We believe that the whole product team - engineers, designers, and product managers - should be actively empowered to contribute to product development.
- We believe in the lean approach of cheaply and quickly validating assumptions with evidence, and iterating quickly.
- We are committed to improving the lives of our customers and providing the best possible work environment for our team members.
- Develop and maintain a vision of the user experience
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to continuously find the most effective ways to solve for user-facing opportunities
- Work with a UX researcher to unpack complex user issues while building a deeper understanding of our customers
- Create journey maps, user flows, and other documents to guide UX strategy
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts as needed to effectively communicate specific features and functionality
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of feedback
- 3+ years experience in product design
- Experience working in an Agile environment with product managers and engineers
- Strong portfolio, including work on interactive applications
- Experience conducting research and applying research insights to designs
- Skilled with modern design tools such as Sketch
- Strong collaboration skills: able to work productively across disciplines while being a strong advocate for their perspective.