Senior product designer
One Year No Beer
Our mission is to change people's relationship with alcohol by supporting their alcohol-free journey through offering access to 28, 90 & 365 AF Alcohol Free challenges, amazing global community, podcasts, blogs, specialised coaching and more. We use positive psychology to help our members transform their lives and discover the best versions of themselves. With 70K+ members in more than 100 countries, we're a dynamic start-up at a scaling-up stage looking for great talent to help us make an extraordinary impact on people's lives!
We have product fit for our existing product and we now need to build the capability in the business to allow us to build the next generation of the OYNB product. Our customers love our product, but want it to do more for them. That is where you come in.
Our plan is to initially develop a mobile web application and then depending on our customer research we may decide to develop a mobile app to improve the customer experience.
We have an office based in Edinburgh but we are fully remote so would accept applications from anywhere in the UK.
Our company values are important to us and the bedrock of our culture and how we work
Serve others and make a difference
- We obsess about our customer
Be the change
- Change is a constant - we embrace change with a smile.
- Failure is success, without it we cannot learn. We fail fast to learn fast - we celebrate it.
Be tenacious and don’t give up
- We deliver and go the extra mile and ask the question - “what else can I do?”
- Autonomy - We have autonomy to make decisions to hit our goals.
- We are accountable for our actions and deliveries.
Be passionate and have fun
- If things are tough, we take some time to talk to someone 121, then we get back in the room and fight the good fight together.
- We aim to live by example and live life better.
Think and act world class
- We lift rocks - If we see something that needs to be improved, we own it until it’s done and leave it in a better place than we found it.
- We have a culture of self-improvement and we play to our strengths.
- Innovation - We constantly strive to improve and learn from our experiences. We have no barriers.
You will be someone excited by the opportunity to develop a greenfield mobile web app to deliver on our ambitious plans for growth over the next 12 months. This means you must be experienced in UX/UI but must also have a good commercial head that can help build the product the business needs to deliver on our long term strategy.
The skills you are likely to have:
- You will have more than 5+ years of on-the-job experience of working as a product designer for mobile web applications
- Exceptional at customer research so that you are able to build a product that solves customers problems and builds loyalty.
- Keen analytical skills for competitor research to identify the USP of other products and services
- Exceptional at rapid iterations of prototypes to validate business and product assumptions
- An ability to validate ideas within short time frames based on empirical evidence
- Strong UI skills that allow you to pull everything together into a great customer experience.
- Mentor and coach our inhouse UX and graphic designer
- Ideally (but not a must have) you will have experience of developing a product in the wellbeing space.
- You will ideally have some exposure to mobile app development.
- Experience of product design in an agile development environment
And who are you likely to be?
- You sign up to our values.
- You have a passion for understanding real people’s real problems, and an ability to coach the people you work with not to jump to solutions too quickly
- You have a critical thinking process and enjoy studying problems to puzzle out the challenges
- You recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to try and invalidate them
- You have a diverse and evolving toolbox of methods and techniques for visualising problems, user journeys, and interactions, as well as for developing and testing solutions
- You are empathetic with colleagues as well as customers, especially when you’re communicating research findings, explaining the rationale behind a design, or challenging ways of working.
- You know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn from others
- You embrace agile and iteration, and celebrate learning and change
- Someone who keeps an up to date visual case study of previous projects.
And why would you want to work with us?
- The flexibility of working remotely.
- Working on a product from the ground up.
- Full holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays)
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension (3% contribution from the company)
- The best equipment and software to go about executing your day-to-day work