PDFTron is an industry-leading provider of document processing technology that powers everything from traditional desktop software (like AutoCAD), to web apps (like DocuSign), and mobile apps (like Xodo). We are a fast-growing company and have secured a $95M strategic growth investment just last year.
With over 20 years of document engineering, we are actively changing the way people work with documents by being the SDK of choice for over 5000 companies worldwide, and by powering solutions used by millions of users.
Our Xodo app has over 13M installs and the highest (4.7 Star) average rating among PDF productivity apps.
We foster an atmosphere of opportunity, growth, and success for every single individual amidst an exciting, challenging, and entrepreneurial culture where career progression is based on merit, not tenure.
We are looking for a passionate and pragmatic designer that can synthesize feedback, identify opportunities and create best-in-class experiences. You will be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle, but also be encouraged to provide input on future projects, and processes. You’ll collaborate with developers and other designers to help make our products more seamless, intelligent and beautiful. You will present your work to stakeholders and counterparts, supporting your findings with clarity and confidence.
- Contribute to developing and/or running design workshops.
- Participate in design critiques by giving and receiving constructive feedback. We check our egos at the door, and rely on data to make decisions whenever possible.
- Work to ensure the Design team’s processes and strategies are successful.
- Communicate clearly, communicate often with colleagues to ensure the best results.
- Take ownership of your projects.
- Contribute to developing and/or working with design systems.
- Be fun to work with! Have a positive attitude and bring energy to the room.
- A deep understanding of user-centered design principles and methods
- Proficiency in your design tools of choice: Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Ability to prototype rapidly
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices,
- A degree in UX design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing mobile, web, and/or desktop apps - as demonstrated by your design portfolio
- A desire to design beautiful, intuitive products
Nice to have
- An eye for excellent UI design, and the skills to produce it
- Experience designing, conducting, and analysing user studies
- Experience with Google Analytics, Flurry, or equivalent
- Familiarity with coding languages
- Competitive salary with great benefits.
- Employee stock options.
- A new Macbook pro (or whatever set up you need to be productive).
- Excellent work-life balance.
- Convenient location in Downtown Vancouver.
- Fresh fruits and snacks daily.
- A variety of social events, including regular get-togethers, activities, lunch-outs, as well as special celebrations, among many other perks.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all learn from each other.