UI Designer, Remote, London, Full-time
*Please upload your portfolio or examples of your work*
Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
Your Strategic Value to the Company
You will be a core part of the Product team, helping distinguish Dataswift as one of the best startups in the world. You’ll join at a period of high growth and work with a UX Designer and the Head of Product. You will be responsible for most, if not all, core product related, app and web visual designs at Dataswift.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the product team, developers, copywriters, UX designers and engineers
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.). You will explain why you chose a particular design clearly and concisely while providing alternatives if the initial plan fails.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Design across multiple devices and platforms using prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe etc.)
- Ability to produce designs for web, android and iOS
- Conduct testing of completed applications, websites and software to assess user experience
You will definitely need:
- Experience as a UI designer
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Team spirit and strong communication skills to collaborate with various internal stakeholders
- Curiosity of and continued research into UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- An open, flexible and adaptable mindset to cope with undefined obstacles and rapidly changing priorities
In your first 6 months, you will work on:
- Core product design
- App screens and wireframes across all platforms iOs, android and web
- Newsletters and white paper designs
- Web based user portal designs
What are the next steps?
Please send your CV/Portfolio and your answers to the following questions:
- In a few words take us through one of your favourite pieces in your portfolio. What was your design process for these pieces?
- Tell us about a major design challenge you've undertaken in your career
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options further.