Senior Product Designer
Please note: You must have a right to work in the UK and be able to work in London. We can't offer sponsorships or relocation.
About Ravin AI:
- Ravin.ai’s mission is to bring trust and efficiency wherever vehicles operate or change hands, by using computer vision AI technology to make vehicle inspections faster and more reliable.
- Our technology allows vehicles to be scanned using smartphone or CCTV-style cameras and then automatically detects damages and vehicle condition.
- We are a VC-backed British-Israeli tech startup with a globally distributed team of around 30 people, serving industry-leading players in the mobility space.
- We were voted by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 25 Machine Learning Startups to look out for and are in the Beauhurst top 18 Early Stage AI Startups in the UK.
- We’re flexible with working arrangements and like to focus more on your output than when and where and when you did it.
- We’re looking for someone who has a very strong UX background but also has a good eye for interface designs and can carry out user research. Support will be available, if required, from design agencies for detailed UI design and from product management for user research, but you will be expected to own the design output for Ravin’s mobile web application and desktop software.
- You will be working closely with customers, product management, and business development to validate your thinking and optimise Ravin’s tools to different use cases.
- You will also be working closely with the development teams (front end, backend and data science) to turn your ideas into reality.
- Your goal is to create a product experience that users love and that supports our mission to make vehicle inspections faster and more trustworthy.
- You must be comfortable being both the leading design voice at the executive levels of the company and getting stuck into detailed design work to make sure your ideas are turned into products that users love.
- We are offering you the opportunity to shape our entire suite of products and completely own their end-to-end design.
- You’ll be working with a highly experienced and skilled team with no hierarchies or politics. We move fast, iterate quickly and define success by the business outcomes, not the volume of output you produce.
- Our working arrangements are flexible - as long as the job gets done, you choose when and where you work from.
- This is an opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technologies in a fast-changing mobility sector.
- We also offer 25 days paid holiday, alongside bank holidays, a company pension scheme and an employee options scheme.
Skills and experience:
- You must have proven experience designing complex software products (3 - 5 years minimum of product design experience), working with development teams to build them and then shipping them to real users.
- You must have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You should be comfortable working in a startup environment where change is constant and progress is rapid. You will be expected to work autonomously and take responsibility for the success of our products.
- You should be comfortable working with distributed teams. You will be based in London with the VP Product and operations manager with access to shared office space, but the rest of the team is spread across Haifa (Israel), Kiev (Ukraine) and Austin (US).
- You should be willing to travel to carry out in-field customer research across Europe and the US.
- It is a bonus if you have worked on B2B AI/ML/computer vision products and/or in the automotive sector before.
- You should be proficient in design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma).