Senior Product Designer
Boomf is about sending more than a card.
As a nation we love sending greeting cards and gifts. At Boomf we send greetings that make our customers scream and fall off their chairs laughing. Our customers are at the centre of everything we do. We post greetings cards and gifts all over the world that explode with a burst of confetti, or fling butterflies in faces and every product is personalised with photos, memories and messages
Their hilarious videos form the basis of our marketing. Recent times show the importance of being a positive and fun brand. We reach 900,000+ followers via social media.
Boomf is fortunate to be growing rapidly on a global scale. But we are the first to admit our expansion has left our website user experience lagging. Our customers love our products but find our website tricky. We are thrilled to be growing our design function to transform our website and customer experience.
As our first Product Designer, this is a rare opportunity for you to create and deliver your style for a creative, customer led fun brand. The scale of change we are looking for and opportunity to have an impact on a global brand means we are looking for someone to use their skills and knowledge to solve problems and expertly deliver a new end to end customer experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone with drive, creativity and ambition, to redesign the end-to-end customer journey of an innovative and vibrant brand that is growing exceptionally fast.
Our leadership team is always there to provide support and mentorship but from the start we will empower you to understand the needs of our customers and own the development of our product design vision, design principles and style guides across all digital touch points.
What are we looking for?
Design is a key part of the growth vision for Boomf. We are looking for an experienced designer to create and own our digital design strategy working together as a partner to product and technology.
You will be motivated by the challenge in being able to rewrite the drawing board; love developing experiential strategies using insights of real people, and have the skill to turn these insights into beautiful designs. An experienced self starter, you will be confident in your abilities to elevate and refine our brand experience across our website and used to delivering large end to end projects.
- Our customers are in charge, and we are committed to delivering what is right for them. Understanding and listening to them is key and insights must inform design decisions.
- Set a vision for the user experience and collaborate with others to research and prototype concepts.
- Be able to work autonomously and take charge and responsibility for your work and the attention to detail needed.
- Speed, produce concepts and prototypes at pace. Be able to pragmatically distinguish when to apply high levels of attention to detail and when low fidelity sketches will suffice.
- Designing new product and services to deepen customer loyalty and engagement, driving awareness of them and ensuring they effectively complement our current website
- Working collaboratively across the company cultivating relationships with other teams.
- Data driven, asking why and finding out how through design we can drive
- Identify new opportunities and actively ideates new concepts.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, creating user flows, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Visual interface design, produce colour palettes, hi fidelity designs for development, guidelines, branding and general visual aesthetics.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take an active role in quality assurance and sign off of designs developed.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Three or more years of Product Design or UX and UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in using standard digital design software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Illustrator, UXPin, Quarts, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must. (We are open to what tools you find best to do your job.)
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
- Worked with forming or iterating design systems.
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Advocate about all things Product Design, User Experiences and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.