Senior UX/UI Designer
The Bouqs Company
We are hiring a driven Senior UX/UI Designer to shape and refine the future of our e-commerce experience, from our traditional retail to our subscription product on desktop, mobile web and app platforms. We have multiple UX challenges to simplify the shopping experience while driving maximum company impact. At The Bouqs, we believe in moving nimbly and intelligently, and we use performance metrics to help inform how to prioritize future iterations of our experiences. We are highly user-centric and are looking for someone who can solve problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind. We will count on you to implement fast and effective ways to ship great work.
What You'll Do:
- Be a major factor in representing the face of high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design
- Design desktop and mobile web product experiences that maximize visitor conversion & LTV, from ideation to execution.
- Synthesize business, technology and user requirements into design concepts.
- Actively collaborate with product and engineering; produce design solutions, and adapt your designs to emerging engineering constraints and stakeholder feedback
- Be a subject matter expert in the area of UX/UI design
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to communicate your design concepts to a broad range of stakeholders and end users.
- Deliver design specifications and graphic assets to engineering team across many different mediums: desktop, mobile web, iOS and Android.
- Work with developers to ensure implementation matches specifications.
- Identify best places to introduce new features/experiences with user Journey mapping
- Comfort with data (GA/Tableau experience a plus) and making informed decisions based off metrics and goals
What You'll Need:
- 5-6+ years of experience working as a user experience, interaction, visual, or UX designer.
- Bachelor's degree in design or a related major from an accredited college or university.
- Have a design portfolio and website that demonstrates experience designing responsive layouts for desktop, mobile web and apps that exhibit excellent use of information architecture, layout, color and imagery.
- Track record of success building engaging user experiences while driving company impact.
- Ability to simplify complex experiences elegantly and explain them to leadership succinctly.
- Ability to translate insights from user studies into meaningful user flows that create a delightful user experience.
- Ability to succinctly defend and rationalize your design decisions with data
- Experience defining requirements not just translating existing requirements into designs.
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Principle, Invision, or Pixate for user testing and demonstration of animation and user flows.
- Experience building and evangelizing a design system
- Knowledge of front end markup a plus: HTML/CSS/JQuery
What You're Like
- You love and understand what it takes to deliver a great customer experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing start-up environment.
- Ability to work directly with a technical team and gain respect from engineers by setting a clear vision for them.
- Ability to work directly with senior team across the business to lead customer focused growth solutions.
- Amazing under pressure and have the ability to jump in and roll up your sleeves to push through solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communicating skills and can effectively communicate to all levels in the organization.
- Analytical, resourceful and a creative problem solver with the ability to quickly identify roadblocks and drive viable solutions.
- Team player who is willing to do what it takes to support co-workers.
About The Bouqs:
The Bouqs Company is an online flower retailer founded by college classmates John Tabis and Juan Pablo Montúfar that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. Tabis, a brand and strategy executive formerly with Disney, and Montúfar, a third-generation farmer, started The Bouqs Company in November 2012 to radically disrupt the global floral industry through a modern brand, responsibly-sourced flowers and a vertically-integrated supply chain. Headquartered in Marina Del Rey, CA, The Bouqs Company connects farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers, and disrupts the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike. For more information, visit www.bouqs.com and follow the #BouqLove on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Bouqs.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer!