Senior UI/UX Designer
Browze is hiring! But wait, who even are we?
We're a cross-border marketplace that curates unique products directly from factories overseas. In other words, we bring you the products you want at fair prices, with minimal shipping costs, because we're sending them direct from the factory. No markups, no middlemen. Just us.
We're hiring because we've been expanding like crazy -- consistently 2x year over year, to be exact. And because of that, we're building out our team to launch Browze into the next level of growth, so we can keep reshaping and improving the cross-border shopping experience.
So what are you waiting for? Send in an application and tell us about yourself. We'd love to meet you!
POSITION: UI/UX Designer
REPORTS TO: Head of Product (CTO in interim)
DIRECT REPORTS: None at the moment
About the Role
The UI/UX Designer will be Browze's first internal Product Design hire (we already have a team of amazing creatives working on our product listings & consumer product experience) and is a huge opportunity for the right candidate to create our design systems from the ground up and be part of the formation of a new design and product management team. We are looking for an experienced designer to work with with a cross-functional team to take ownership across our consumer facing and internal / back office products. Over time as we continue to grow, future design hires will help focus this role and allow you to specialize on areas where you thrive and excel wether that is purely UX & consumer based research, consumer focused UI and the Browze.com visual design or help with our internal tools and back office product design.
You'll be building on the existing branding and UI work done by external agencies and work with our CTO and Head of Product to help across the growth, consumer and backend engineering teams. A successful candidate will be hands-on and motivated to work across design disciplines and can help us as product design leadership as we grow.
What you'll do
- UX Design & Growth Experimentation: Work with our growth team to help bring forth ecommerce UX best practices in building & running experiments that can drive customer acquisition, retention, overall satisfaction.
- Visual Design: Help us implement beautiful aesthetic designs that match our brand objectives across our mobile & web digital products (consumer buying experience to how our sellers interact with our marketplace, and our own internal tools)
- User Research, Usability, Accessibility: Be the design advocate internally for our customers, and take on research projects, bring forward accessibility requirements for our team to work against, and ensure we are designing with usability in mind with every change we make.
- Design Systems: Help us build an internal product style guide: Help streamline our product -> design -> engineering workflow by driving the buildout of an internal visual design language we can centre our experiments & changes from. Standardized components and libraries will allow us to increase our velocity in experimentation to better serve our customers!
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design (ideally in eCommerce or B2C consumer products)
- Strong understanding of eCommerce UX best practices
- Mobile-first mindset and ability to design responsive interfaces & interactions across devices and screen sizes
- Great written communication skills to articulate UX and design decisions across a distributed team and to executives
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
Why do you want to be a part of Browze
- We are a collective of people so collaboration is key to our process.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a changemakers.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers - with value, respect, and empathy.
- We have competitive compensation - you work hard and we make it worth your while.
- We want you to feel like an owner, so we offer equity in the company.
- Unlimited supply of snacks to keep you going if you choose to be in-office otherwise the possibility of a flexible remote environment is also possible for this role.
- An inclusive work environment where you can thrive and do your best work.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Browze is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.