Senior Product Designer
HouseCanary is creating a more efficient real estate marketplace, where its trusted property valuations help consumers and investors enjoy a frictionless experience in buying, financing, and improving their homes. By working directly with institutional investors, HouseCanary already powers more than $200 million in real estate transactions each month. Through partnerships with leading financial institutions, HouseCanary’s ComeHome platform will enable consumers to close on more than $100 billion of real estate transactions this year. HouseCanary recently raised $65M in Series C funding as our team continues our hyper-growth. Founded in 2013, HouseCanary has built its reputation on developing unique analytics for the $30.7 trillion residential real estate market, based on big data and refined through machine learning. By combining this technology with its nationwide brokerage, HouseCanary is uniquely positioned to connect investors and consumers alike to the information that they care most about in an effort to modernize and streamline the home buying and home ownership process.
We're seeking a passionate designer to work alongside a talented product manager/dev/engineering team to develop our innovative homebuyer experience for lenders using our ComeHome platform. Specific focus will be on responsive mobile web.
What you'll do:
- Leverage data to support product design solutions to action on roadmap priorities
- Work in a positive collaborative environment with external PM/design teams to successfully rollout new products with big partner brands
- Partner with internal Senior Product Manager and engineering team to deliver clean high quality design solutions on time, to sprint plan and to spec
- Analyze data with product manager to optimize performance
- Research behavioral patterns of homebuyers and proactively explore product use cases for this specific real estate audience
- Develop a clear strategy for how, when, and what to user test
- Quickly and easily visualize concepts through flow diagrams, wireframes, low and high fidelity mock-ups and clickable prototypes eventually ending on pixel-perfect deliverables
- Partner with big brand design and product manager leads to evaluate product usage data and metrics to validate designs post-launch. Iterate as needed at partner’s request
What you have:
- 5+ years experience designing clean professional mobile products
- Expertise in responsive/fluid web design
- Ability to communicate design rationale with the internal team and stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of visual design process, with the desire to continually improve at every stage of design and development
- Your portfolio shows your range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation and design process
- Proactive personality and conscientious problem solver. Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities
- Mastery of Sketch/InVision/JIRA/Abstract. Bonus knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and willingness to co-lead collaboration with external teams.
Bonus points for:
- Real estate markets, real estate apps, homeownership, home lending process
- iOS/Android app product design experience
- Data visualization and analytics design
- Micro animation prototyping
- B2B or SaaS lender or real estate product design experience
Individuals seeking employment at HouseCanary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.