Senior UI/UX Designer
Our vision is to ignite a new product revolution by bringing manufacturing capability into the hands of millions of people. To do this we are building accessible tools to help makers generate income from their work. The tools we build are software and hardware products designed to help businesses do their own manufacturing cost effectively. Our revolutionary, web-based Easel software is easy to use, whether you are new to designing products or familiar with CNC software. When you’re ready to carve, our X-Carve machine empowers users to create products out of a variety of materials ranging from beautiful hardwoods to colorful acrylics.
While our downtown Chicago office and workshop is a space where employees can meet, work, and use our products, we are a remote-first company and welcome talent located across the country.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Inventables is looking for a freelance Senior UI/UX Designer to assist with user experience design related eCommerce projects. This position will work closely with the Product, Marketing, and eCommerce Dev teams to create designs and user interface elements for the Inventables website. The eCommerce Sr UI/UX Designer will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to define priorities and test functionality, ensuring that designs are consistent with eCommerce best practices and positively impact conversion.
- Plan and conduct user research and testing
- Create prototypes for testing
- Design flows, wireframes, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for internal and external use
- Establish and evolve style guidelines to ensure a consistent user experience
- Assist with with story mapping, priority definition and refinement that provide innovative and intuitive product designs and user interactions
- Leverage best in class eCommerce tools, find new ways to streamline complex processes and help users accomplish their goals
- Maintain a close and collaborative relationship with the software team
- Proactively recognize UX/UI problems and propose solutions
- Communicate product updates with UI/UX components to leadership and the entire company
- Experience as a designer in an individual contributor role for eCommerce desktop, mobile, or web applications
- Experience with conversion rate optimization processes
- Experience in creating wireframes, user flows, and customer journeys
- Ability to prototype and test your ideas
- Advocate for user-centric design practices
- Proficient understanding of graphic design, layout, typography and icons
- Understanding of web application usability
- Proficiency with tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Photoshop, InVision
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Invision or similar prototyping tool to create clickable prototypes for user testing
- Capable of designing responsively with a good understanding and focus on mobile designs.
- Experience using user data to drive design decisions
- Knowledge in how to work through the user interview/testing process.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- An understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, as well as user research methodologies
- Ability to understand what makes an experience good or bad.
- Familiarity with user metrics and analytics
- Capable of thinking through user problems, finding reasonable solutions, mocking them up in detail, and working with engineers to build them.
- Ability to talk through designs and explain the reasoning behind the decisions made.
- Self-starter who actively seeks ways to make the Inventables experience visually appealing and easy to use.
- Understand the basics of development to help acknowledge any technical limitations and have the skills to be able to communicate your ideas to the software engineers.
*No staffing firms please