Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems, and thrive on interacting with people? If so, we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for a Designer in Montreal or Amsterdam to work across Internal Systems - a fun, hardworking, and highly-experienced team who all enjoy playing and working together as a team to define the future of Lightspeed operations.
Your work will directly impact thousands of our Lightspeed customers!
We're searching for an experienced Product Designer/UX Designer to help support the vision and design direction across Internal Systems practices, including design service requests and IS team support.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working in an experienced, tight-knit team alongside a Senior Designer, product managers and engineers to optimise the experience for how IS teams fulfil internal and external customer requests;
- working directly with your cross-functional team to have creative autonomy & impact across the product;
- having the opportunity to work across the entire end-to-end design process, from very early-stage research and ideation, to iteration and implementation, harnessing your abilities to craft key experiences using the Lightspeed design system.
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 3+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software;
- excitement for and experience in leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle complex problems;
- ability to apply your design skills in product, interaction, and visual design to help create and build new features;
- ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross-functional partners and teams across the organization;
- experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling;
- ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback.
A hint of what’s in it for you:
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders;
- exposure to modern and proven technology;
- lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work;
- opportunities to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
If you need a little more convincing:
Who is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
And what about Lightspeed Global Product Design?
Our mission: empower customers by creating tools for the commerce ecosystem that break down barriers to success, allowing them to focus on their business – not their business tools.