We’re Polly, one of the largest, longest running, and fastest growing Slack and Microsoft Teams applications. We make it easy for millions of users across thousands of teams to measure and manage their work.
The Product Designer will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to drive end-to-end feature and product design. In this role, you will need to be comfortable flexing across a variety of different interfaces (ie Slack, Teams, as well as Polly’s web app) to drive design and user experience that meets the users needs within the constraints and functional differences of those unique interfaces. You are highly adaptable and have the ability to think in terms of atomic design principles and how elements, components, and layouts fit into a larger design system. While you might be stronger in certain areas than others, you’re comfortable with all aspects of design. This is a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing products already used by millions of people.
- Break down complex use-cases and work to deliver solid designs
- Drive design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and product launch You’ll work closely with product management and engineering on daily basis
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful
- You can effectively collaborate with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders and are able to do so in this next era of remote working
- Review wireframes and prototypes for with internal partners and make changes as necessary
- Work with engineering teams to ensure designs are implemented to spec
- Works across functional teams to understand business and feature requirements, and within Agile Product Development teams to breakdown features into user stories, that are ultimately groomed with detailed design prior to story acceptance.
Skills, experience, attributes and factors that lead to your success:
- Experience working collaboratively on design goals and the ability to translate those objectives into an iterative process from white boarding, wireframing, prototyping proof of concepts, to final design specs, and finally production launch.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
- You understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately
- Experience working with and contributing to digital design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- You are empathetic and possess a user-centered mindset
- Self-motivated, positive, open-minded, with a desire to collaborate and learn
- Working knowledge and experience with latest design tools like Sketch and Axure
- Knowledge of web standards, accessibility standards, CSS, HTML, native app development standards
- A deep understanding of UI design principles and best practices across platforms
- Experience designing B2B or customer facing SaaS applications preferred
To apply and be considered, please provide a link to your online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
Polly is the leading solution to measure critical workflows in Slack and MS Teams. Already loved by thousands of companies (including many Fortune 100), Polly empowers every employee to gather real-time insights in a way that’s quick, easy to use, and maximizes participation. Join us to help define how work is measured and managed in the era of enterprise messaging!