Airtime Product Design
Airtime is building the next generation of live, social platforms. We’re looking for an exceptional researcher to help us develop insights into the digital content and social space, to help create the best product for our users. This is a high-impact, cross-functional role with the ability to influence the direction of the organization. We’re looking for someone that is excited about Human-Computer Interaction: the behaviors and paradigms that arise from connecting in live interaction with anyone at any time.
Researchers at Airtime collaborate on all aspects of the user experience, from user research, user flows, UX copy, interaction design, prototyping, and animation. The research associate sits within the Design Team and reports to the Director of Research. They work closely with team members and stakeholders to support the Design, Marketing, Product and Strategy teams by conducting high-quality research that puts the user at the heart of the decision-making process. As a small, nimble team we offer an opportunity to make a real impact - every role matters and everyone’s voice is heard.
You should be comfortable in collaborating across multiple types of projects; market research, interviews with users; tactical studies to evolve the in-app experience. From paradigm shifts to micro-interactions, we’re looking for someone that can empathize deeply with our users and use that empathy to help inform valuable insights that raise the bar in live social experiences.
What You'll Do
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining the consent of research participants and maintain a database of research participants.
- Collaborate on a variety of studies, including field studies, user experience research, competitor analyses and longitudinal studies.
- Run research coordination & logistic efforts including meeting spaces, travel and communicating with research participants to involving them in Airtime’s research studies.
- Help conduct research by taking notes, watching videos, analyzing survey data, and conducting interviews.
- Keep up to do with the market in streaming, social media and Gen Z trends.
- Help translate research into applicable, nuanced and high impact recommendations for the organization.
- Provide additional research support as needed.
- Knowledge of basic research methodologies & keen interest to learn more and take your UX Research skills to the next level.
- Excellent communication skills - translating data into clear, concise, and useful insights.
- A creative thinker - you look for patterns and make connections in the world around you.
- An open, curious mindset and a sense of humility; you understand the pros, cons and limitations of the research in addressing particular needs and questions.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems - you are good at looking at a situation and asking questions about it (even the difficult ones!).
- Structured thinking and an organized work ethic. You are on top of any detail, big or small - very little escapes you.
- Bonus points for familiarity with common UX Research tools (Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Nvivo; UserTesting, Typeform etc.. ) or research experience in digital platforms especially in regards to social media, Gen Z/minors/under 21s.
- Good vibes. Airtime is a supportive, ego-free zone.