We are GigSalad, an online entertainment booking marketplace (launched in 2007) serving the U.S. and Canada. We move fast, work hard, and have fun. We are passionate about what we do: providing a safe, easy platform for anyone to hire performers and services for events.
As the UX Researcher at GigSalad, you will work closely with the product manager, UI designer, engineering team, and others to deliver insights that craft the future of entertainment booking on GigSalad.
You know how to confidently conduct UX research and testing, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods. You are a “people person” who is genuinely curious about how others think, feel, and live. You have good remote communication skills, enjoy working with a small team, and understand how to discover the most important problems users face.
Join GigSalad if you like tackling rewarding problems, taking time to solve things the right way, and being a champion of user needs.
Some things you’ll do as UX Researcher at GigSalad:
- Partner with product management, design, and engineering to guide product development, drawing on your expertise in user research and UX standards
- Identify the demographics, behaviors, pain points, and preferences of users through qualitative and quantitative means
- Validate product direction through usability testing and other research methods
- Document findings and recommendations to share with the product team on a regular basis, to encourage marketplace health and drive GigSalad’s business goals
- Help define project scope and product direction based on your insights
- Dive deep into messaging, inbox, profiles, result pages, and other processes throughout our platform
- Promote UX and research best practices across the company
The ideal UX Researcher we’re looking for has:
- 4+ years of experience conducting UX research, employing methods such as user interviewing, usability testing, and A/B testing
- A clear and confident process for addressing different phases of product development, from discovery to delivery
- The ability to summarize research findings from a customer and business-centric perspective
- Comfort with the process of recruiting users for research
- The willingness to work closely with design, turning findings into mockups and well-formed tasks for development
- Ambition, an eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple initiatives at once
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A matching 401k
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- $1,500 in a yearly education expense account (books, conferences, programs, etc.)A fitness reimbursement program
- A startup atmosphere with the stability of an established, profitable company
- A remote (or in-house) job structure that respects your work/life balance (GigSalad has offices in Wilmington, NC and Springfield, MO along with remote employees)