Who we are
Since 2014 Futrli has been on a mission to give every SME the opportunity to take control of their financial future. Through dedicated R&D this mission has evolved into developing a new category: Prediction Software. Predict, the most recent addition to Futrli’s prediction platform, is in-market. It is a completely new approach, technologically unbeatable, simple to deploy and scale, and has the SME’s workflow and needs at its core.
Our story is one of high growth, huge challenges and enormous opportunities ahead of us. It began with our founder and CEO, Hannah, who launched Futrli having needed to fulfil her own needs as a small business owner. Fast forward 6 years and we operate globally and have supported over 60,000 small businesses.
With multiple awards under our belt and a successful Series A funding raised in 2018 we secured possibly the strongest group of SaaS-focused European venture capitalists the market could offer. We have an impressive Board including Henry Lane Fox, one of the founders of Last Minute.com and Giles Palmer, CEO of Brandwatch. It’s an exciting time to be joining the team.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced full stack Product Designer, with a solid experience of UX practice who is passionate about crafting delightful, easy to use digital products.
You will be adept at balancing business growth and customer problems, caring deeply about the impact of your work - to this end, you’ll be familiar with measuring the relative success of different designs and will value getting your work into the hands of customers so that the impact is clear.
A motivated self-starter, you’ll work in collaboration with our friendly team of product managers and engineers to iteratively design a user experience in our web products that deepens customer loyalty and engagement, ensuring they effectively complement our mission to help small businesses succeed.
You will be able to:
- Design solutions (from interaction flow to user interface)
- Set a vision for the user experience and collaborate with others to research and prototype concepts.
- Think holistically about the product eco-system and visualize the entire experience
- Identify problems in the system as well as opportunities to drive adoption & growth
- Work autonomously and take charge and responsibility for your work and the attention to detail needed.
- Produce and iterate over concepts and prototypes at pace. Be able to pragmatically distinguish when to apply high levels of attention to detail and when low fidelity concepts will suffice.
- Produce and maintain a design system and component library to enable consistent UX patterns to be applied throughout our digital products
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take an active role in quality assurance and sign off of designs developed.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to new functionality and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate over your designs.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members and stakeholders
With previous experience working on a SaaS product (especially in the fintech space) Our ideal candidate will;
- Love working collaboratively, as part of a multi-discipline team
- Have experience working with a lean, agile approach
- Have a growth mindset and be willing to own problems
- Have a fluency with visual and interaction design tools, including prototyping.
- Have an ability to develop a deep understanding of our customers.
- Be experienced in usability testing, A/B testing, and other testing methodologies
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Will have scope to really make an impact on the business and make your own ideas and suggestions a reality.
- Three or more years of SaaS Product Design or UX and UI design experience.
- Expertise in using standard digital design software such as Sketch, InVision etc
- An understanding of progressive web design and what is possible in a SPA
- You’ll get a generous holiday entitlement
- Flexibility of working remote first
- You’ll receive a shiny MacBook to work on
- You’ll be a part of a true success story - and we’re only at the beginning!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where small businesses can move independently. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. We strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. We don't do ego's, so if you have one - please leave it at the door. From our juniors to our chief team, no-one's voice goes unheard. We’re looking for people who have curiosity, passion, and a collaborative spirit.