Product Designer (UX/UI)
We’re looking for an experienced multidisciplinary (UX/UI) product designer to deliver high-quality product experiences on our Product Catalog team, which is responsible for the product search and discovery experience. You will explore and understand complex merchant and supplier needs in order to build a vision for the product search experience and help your team bring it to life. You'll ship high-fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions for visual and interaction problems. You’ll own your projects from start to finish, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of product managers, developers, and data scientists to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants and suppliers.
You'll partner with other designers and UX team members to design and build products used by millions of people around the world every day.
Requirements for the role:
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, visual design, interaction design, and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, data, and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
You’ll be working on:
- Quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems and shipping high-fidelity designs of new features.
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews, and peer feedback
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Justas, our Design Lead is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
We will get back to applicants after Holidays as we will have an end of year break till 2nd of January.