Senior UI & UX Designer
The Sr UI & UX Designer will work with a cross functional team to iterate on, or entirely revise multimodal interfaces & flows for a Tablet, PC or Phone-housed client connecting to a cloud service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product, design & engineering to create new user workflows and interfaces for new B2B or B2C product features
- Focus on driving improvements to existing features and interfaces based on customer data
- Communicate design rationale used to create solutions in frequent cross-functional design reviews
- Help the product lead create product specifications & define features, and audit overall product usability & ease of use
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Have shipped at least 2 Mobile apps and/or Enterprise webapps.
- Demonstrable Experience in UI & Interaction Design for Mobile and B2B interfaces.
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from across our small studio, including marketing, sales & customers.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch (or equivalent) and Material UI patterns.
- Creative problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for learning and innovation, and balancing business needs with product expectations.
- You have a good understanding of User Centered design practices & demonstrated ability to revise designs based on feedback or user testing. Ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience. You must be flexible, highly motivated and approachable in a role that will see you interact with many disciplines.
- Bonus for a familiarity with VR and/or mobile-first game design & development on at least 1 commercially shipped / reviewable project.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- General office environment. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms, and to use a computer, sitting for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to read, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you reside in the State of California, please also refer to Penumbra’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.