Senior Product Designer
Build the experience that lets materials scientists access the power of data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and apply it to the workflows and problems they face in developing the next-generation of materials and chemicals.
At Citrine, we’re changing the way new materials are developed.
We are the industry leader in materials informatics, the application of data-driven methods to materials and chemicals development. Our platform provides data management and AI tools that help our customers rapidly develop better, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at huge manufacturing and materials companies, and researchers at leading universities and government labs. Our platform enables our users to accelerate the development of new materials.
In 2020 Citrine was recognized for technology innovation by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the most promising AI startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
About the Role
We are building a platform that puts the power of data and machine learning in the hands of materials science experts.
We need a Senior Product Designer who is excited about building an enterprise Software as a Service (SAAS) platform where our User Experience (UX) is both a Python client and the User Interface (UI). This role offers the chance to develop user vocabulary and mental models for the whole domain of materials informatics from the ground up.
We are moving fast to ship the first complete version of our visionary, autonomous platform. You will help to tackle complex challenges, build ground up experiences, and get your hands dirty with customer-facing prototypes, component definition, and whatever else needs to get done to scope and ship.
- Help define UI and UX patterns and best practices for the SAAS platform, based on industry standards and research and your own experience in building great enterprise software
- Work with product managers and key stakeholders to define ground-up mental models for data and machine learning powered tools that enable autonomous uses by scientists
- Align with engineers, product managers, subject matter experts and our professional services teams to undertake collaborative solution design and create compelling approaches to complex technical problems (70% UX/ 30% UI)
- Support engineering in implementing your designs: design and deliver wireframes, documentation, user journeys, hi-fidelity mockups and prototypes optimized for web and mobile interfaces
- Conduct user interviews, usability testing, and analysis
- Help maintain our design system
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years experience in UI/UX design or similar focused on technical and/or scientific data analysis
- A portfolio showing complex UX problem-solving and great visual designs of powerful tools for experts in a SAAS and/or enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to define and tackle complex technical concepts and build powerful tools for experts; showing complex enterprise products from definition through delivery
- Experience designing data-driven tools such as Simulation, Data Management platforms, Financial Modeling or similar
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype and user test UI/UX approaches and implementations with internal users, customers, and academic partners
- Ability to thoughtfully present and defend your designs and to communicate complex processes from the user’s perspective, while backing it up with research and data
- Partner with our engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders to oversee user experience for features from conception to launch
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Benefits (for exempt, full time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
Equity options within the company
Flexible PTO on top of our 14 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$250 tech allowance