Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, we want to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. Countries differ in many ways in terms of language, culture, and how people engage with commerce. We want to embrace these differences and make Shopify is the right platform for all merchants, no matter where they are on the planet.
Our International Growth team in Europe focuses on domestic merchants within this region and related functionalities and features. As a UX Manager, your role will be to build and guide a team while you build new products around international requirements to serve merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that language, payments, and shipping products can have fundamental differences around the world - we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and provide simple, scalable experiences.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Helping to build and grow the UX team for the International Growth product line
- Nurturing your team’s expertise in their craft and supporting their growth
- Holding a high bar of quality to ship exceptional user experiences on your projects
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow
- Being a strategic partner with your Product Management, Engineering, and Commercial peers to define the overall strategy and direction for the International Growth group in the EU
- Contributing to our growing Polaris design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
You should have:
- Experience leading teams in multidisciplinary UX environments and having baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (User Research, Design, Content Strategy, and UX Development) with deep expertise in one of these areas
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Experience in international markets in Europe and working with dispersed teams
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn as much as possible about how they use Shopify on every platform
- An ability to make sound decisions quickly
- Experience working in English and ideally one of the following languages: German, Italian, Spanish, or French
Tools of our trade:
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Figma, Github, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at the right fidelity level for the project.
Some of the things we provide:
- A culture of trust and ownership
- Flexible work hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits, and perks)
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses
- Plentiful professional growth opportunities, such as conferences, training courses of your choice, books, business trips, etc.
- The best tech needed for your job
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Leah is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.