Rec Room is an online universe where you create and play games with friends from around the world. As a UI/UX Designer, you will help design and implement high-quality cross-platform UIs. You will also produce 2D graphical assets, assist with marketing materials, and help design UI wireframes. Artists at Rec Room collaborate across the organization through all phases of the design and development process. You’ll work on a small agile team on a broad variety of features and tools.
- Drive and design the cross-platform UIs for Rec Room (e.g., mobile, VR, consoles, etc.)
- Own and create cohesive style guides, visual comps, and assist with wireframes
- Design, iterate on and implement your own UI assets
- Work on cross team projects as needed (e.g., marketing materials, and 2D graphical assets)
- 4+ Years of experience as an UI Artist/Designer
- 4+ Years experience with Illustrator, Photoshop
- Various game engine experience (i.e. unreal, unity, or custom)
- Shipped game or mobile app experience as an UI Artist/Designer
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Strong understanding of typography and iconography
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous and ambiguous environment
- Ability to work full time in our Seattle, WA office
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- UX design experience
- VR interaction experience
- Unity experience
- Mobile UI experience
- Cross-platform design experience
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.