Reporting to Joel Goldberg, UX Manager, the UX Researcher is responsible for helping to provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users. You will collaborate with internal partners and design teams, with the marketing and technology departments, and directly with customers, to evaluate current and upcoming user research needs to help improve product definition and drive business goals.
You are passionate about identifying the problems that limit customers from having meaningful, efficient and engaged experiences with our digital products. As part of our technology and design team, you will find a collaborative environment, where UX research informs product roadmaps and design decisions.
The ideal incumbent in this role is an empathic end-user advocate capable of identifying and translating user requirements into design solutions for digital products through the use of a structured, customer centric, and evidence-based design process and methodology. This individual should have experience conducting usability research, and documenting common use cases as a means of establishing systems requirements. In addition, this designer should have an understanding of current UX/UI trends and contemporary user-centered design methodologies, from initial generative research to evaluative testing of developed interfaces.
Your Key Deliverables
Research, Discovery, and Analysis
- Implement a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to better understand user behaviors and needs
- Evaluate, recommend and integrate user testing tools, products and vendors
- Perform cognitive task analysis, use in-context research, heuristic reviews, conduct user studies and work closely with subject matter experts, product management and development teams
- Design and refine UX research methods and workflow
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field
- Assist with the facilitation of design and discovery workshops
- Initiate usability studies and surveys, set objectives, run test sessions, interpret results and review findings with team members
- Review website analytics, identifying performance issues and opportunities to make ongoing improvements to existing digital products and services
- Present research findings to the broader team
- Support the design team in the production of digital products that meet business goals, align with brand standards, and meet accessibility guidelines. Involvement may include:
- Reviewing prioritized product and customer requirements
- Documenting use cases
- Producing detailed wireframes
- Working closely with marketing and digital technology leadership, architects and engineers to ensure designs and workflows are correctly built, tested and deployed into the product
- Act as a design representative during product development
- Contribute to a program plan of schedules, specifications and resources for design aspects of a product
- Define and document interaction behaviors
Collaboration and Strategy
- Develop foundational UX strategies, communicate ideas, and guide UX design and research capabilities that will be used across all products
- Generate various UX focused documents to support design and development initiatives, such as user personas and journey maps
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders and constituents:
- With leadership to understand and support the overall performance, customer satisfaction and customer value model with digital products.
- With Market Research to design and execute user research studies and usability testing to guide interface design
- With other UX Designers and collaboratively with multiple internal partners to understand business and customer needs
- With DEVOPS teams to translate those needs into brilliantly constructed and efficient products
- With product management and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of UI designs into the product
- With business analysts and developers, coaching them in designing great user experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering Visual Design, UX Design, HCI, or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in UX research such as conducting usability studies, moderating sessions and communicating insights
- 2+ years of experience with Human Factors Design and Analysis
- Demonstrated success in producing digital products, including experience working directly with engineering and QA teams on complex informational products or services
- Experience in mobile design
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Strong conceptualization and communication skills
- Experience in several of the following design software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver), Sketch, InVision, Figma
- Experience in several of the following research tools: dScout, Usability Hub, User Testing.com, OptimalWorkshop, Userzoom, Validately
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience designing for consumer facing websites, mobile, and other digital technologies
- Work experience in a creative department of an agency, design shop, or digital firm
- UX Certification (such as a basic or masterly level certification from Nielsen Norman Group)
- Experience with designing next-generation UI interfaces
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• RRSP Contributions
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Your New Home
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our development group draws on its unparalleled design, entitlement and construction expertise to envision and deliver best-in-class, iconic assets and destinations. The team’s multidisciplinary skill sets from across our sectors capitalize on the unique opportunities that exist in the market today.