Senior Design Researcher
Scoot’s mission is Electric Vehicles for Everyone. In cities all over the world people need fast, affordable, sustainable mobility. Scoot is the first company to meet that need with a mix of shared, electric vehicles, all activated by your phone, and all perfect for life in the city.
We are bringing our service to the cities that will lead the way to a shared, electric future. We operate in San Francisco, California, Barcelona, Spain, and Santiago, Chile, with more world-leading cities opening soon.
Our team is comprised of all the skills you need to run a global fleet of shared, electric, city vehicles, from engineers, to marketers, to mechanics, to designers. We are united by our mission and by our culture of valuing each other, our cities, and our planet.
About the role:
Scoot is expanding globally and leveling up its user experience across all touch points. We are looking for a Senior Design Researcher to help us understand markets, users and products. You are deeply empathic but also a relentless synthesizer. You are endlessly curious about people but also about the larger context they live in. You can uncover emotional needs but also tease out every usability kink. You are a master of your craft but also understand other disciplines. You are a great collaborator, but can also work independently.
Your adventure at Scoot will start by cutting across design, expansion and vehicle teams to help us understand the people, the products and landscape of new and existing markets.
As a Senior Design Researcher, you will:
- Work with teams across the organization to identify research goals and objectives
- Craft research plans and execute qualitative fieldwork
- Test digital and physical products e.g. apps, vehicles, etc
- Synthesize and present actionable insights
Relevant experience and mindset:
- 5+ Years of working experience as a design researcher
- Experience with the whole product lifecycle — from early stage to launch to evaluation
- Experience evaluating and testing digital and physical products
- Experience partnering with different types of teams — from product to engineering and business
What Scoot offers:
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited scooting
- An amazing culture, team, and mission of which you will be an essential part
- The most-fun chance you will ever get to help save the planet
Scoot isn't like other startups. We are a truly mission-driven, friendly, and fun place to work where engineers, mechanics, marketers and managers collaborate to achieve our goal of Electric Vehicles for Everyone. The same motto we share with our riders - Be Seen, Be Safe, Be Nice - applies to how we work with each other.
Scoot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity in our team has been and will continue to be essential to succeeding at our mission to provide Electric Vehicles for Everyone.