Senior UX Designer
Who We Are
Veritone (Nasdaq: VERI) is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company’s proprietary operating system, aiWARE™, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video, and other data sources into actionable intelligence. aiWARE can be deployed in a number of environments and configurations to meet customers’ needs. Its open architecture enables customers in the media and entertainment, legal and compliance, and government sectors to easily deploy applications that leverage the power of AI to dramatically improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Veritone is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, with over 300 employees, and has offices in Denver, London, New York, San Diego, and Seattle. To learn more, visit Veritone.com.
What You’ll Do
- As a Senior UX Designer, you will serve as a UX and design lead and be responsible for architecting, designing, prototyping and testing products that support Veritone’s customers.
- You will be working on reimagining new enterprise-grade solutions to make our products even more dependable for our large/enterprise customers, putting ourselves in the best position to continue powering the Artificial Intelligence applications at scale.
- Creates user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, UI designs, interactive designs and prototypes of varying fidelity.
- Presents architecture, design and front-end development recommendations to all relevant teams.
- Advocates for users and helps set up user research efforts on all assigned projects with deeper, more robust user testing being implemented on a longer-term timeline.
- Creates reusable design systems that can be utilized across all enterprise products.
- Partners with Product Management (role and UX team is within Product), Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Program Management and other teams to bring a user-centered perspective to the creation of Veritone products.
- Collaborates with partners across the entire Veritone enterprise to leverage shared experiences.
- Influence product, design, and engineering executives through storytelling and analytics.
- Comfortable leading and performing UX and design efforts per project, driving discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning and coordination.
- Presents a broad set of potential architectural concepts and designs for any project.
- Creates high-quality deliverables utilizing Sketch, Invision and other software, as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with a team of designers, engineers and partners on a variety of projects.
- Leverages, fosters, and extends the use of established UX techniques and deliverables.
- Mentors other UX team members in best practices, user-focused processes and methodologies.
What You'll Need
- Has expert-level skills in architecture, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping.
- They are a customer advocate and strategist with experience designing for scale solutions that solve for enterprise customers.
- They will thrive in a very fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers, our business, and how to solve for them through design.
- 8-10 years experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Design, Information Architecture or Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Must be able to concentrate and focus and clearly articulate abstract concepts.
- Must be able to work within a rapid, iterative environment.
Bonus Points If
- A solid understanding of how artificial intelligence works and how it can be utilized to change the world.
- Extremely comfortable using Sketch and Invision.
- Solid knowledge of story and backlog management tools and resources including Jira, Confluence and Trello.
- Thorough knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, portable, dedicated, web and native solution design.
- Experience with resources such as; design system, repositories and internal communication tools.
What’s In It For You
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- A fully stocked kitchen, casual dress attire, catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.