Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer, Headspace for Work at Headspace:
We’re a team of product designers that are incredibly passionate and ambitious about improving the health and happiness of the world, and with more than 30 million users in over 190 countries, we’re well on our way. Creative excellence is core to Headspace, and we believe in the power of design to positively influence the way people interact with themselves and the world around them. You’ll have the chance to solve complex design and product problems working on cross-functional teams with other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, customer experience specialists, and more. At Headspace, designers don’t work in solitude.
About the Senior Product Designer, Headspace for Work opportunity:
Join the Headspace for Work team in San Francisco as we improve health and happiness in the workplace. Launched at 300+ companies to date, including such exciting and innovative brands as Google, Adobe, Nike and Spotify, Headspace for Work needs a talented and passionate designer to help us scale this business with user experience, visual design and user research.
This is an exciting career opportunity at a dynamic growth stage startup with a talented and diverse team on one of the world’s most loved apps. We’re at an exhilarating time in our history — we’re essentially bringing Headspace to people where it’s often needed the most, the workplace. You will be . . .
? Designing products across the rich and multifaceted workplace user experience that includes buyers, administrators, wellness champions and employees
? Working with behavioral scientists and design researchers to understand our users and craft emotional experiencesing the brand into the product features
? Injecting the brand into all our product features
At Headspace, Product Designers drive high-quality design of simple and complex features across mobile, web, and emerging platforms. This includes developing thoughtful ideas and enthusiastic opinions about things like usability, design, and technology.
You have equally strong conceptual and production skills, with a keen eye for effective typography, iconography, color, layout, texture, and transitions that work within the context of the Headspace brand and an ability to translate those into intuitive, accessible, and visually-compelling product designs.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable tools and features that deliver on project goals.
- You’re ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team without being attached to your iterations.
- You have an up-to-date understanding of design best practices and trends, but are also comfortable exploring new paradigms in UX and UI design.
- You’re a passionate advocate for quality and detail throughout the feature development process, pushing for delightful interactions and moments of joy.
- You’re a problem solver, think big and explore divergent ideas/concept to inspire your team and bring new ideas to the table.
- You’re a self-starter with a curious mind and have no problem moving projects forward.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of design experience including a demonstrated background with user experience and visual designs in visually compelling consumer mobile/web-based interfaces
- 1+ years designing products within a business to business to consumer (B2B2C) offering
- Big plus for experience in user research, especially in workplace wellness products
- Attention to detail and a solid understanding of visual communication
- Familiarity with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and good ol’ fashioned pen & paper.
- An understanding of modular, grid-based, systems design
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by client engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, Auto Layout, etc)
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and rapid prototyping
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.