Hunted Cow Studios
Hunted Cow Studios are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our growing team here in Elgin. You’ll be working with the creative lead and the rest of the UI team to concept, develop, and implement the UI for an exciting unannounced project. You’ll also provide support when needed for our existing mobile & desktop game titles.
We’re looking for someone dedicated to building titles that look amazing and deliver a great player experience. The successful candidate will be a creative problem solver with an eye for detail and enthusiasm for making beautiful, intuitive UI.
You’ll be building on and actively contributing to the game’s design by creating intuitive UI layouts, developing visual styles, creating high-quality assets and implementing game interfaces and menus. You’ll work within a small team, sharing and iterating on ideas, and communicating with the designers & programmers to create the best game experience possible.
- Collaborate with the design team to understand the player experience & product strategy and incorporate these needs into the UI.
- Create mockups & user flows to convey the player interactions, considering a wide range of aspect ratios.
- Implement game interfaces and menus in Unity.
- Contribute to and maintain UI style guides & asset libraries.
- Work with the development team to ensure assets meet the technical requirements of the intended platform.
- Work closely with the CCO to build on - and improve - established styles to maintain a cohesive look to interfaces and game branding.
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating your experience creating great UI for games, ideally including mobile platforms.
- Solid knowledge of good visual design principles and an understanding of the challenges of designing for mobile.
- Excellent understanding of layout, composition, colour & typography.
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and/or similar
- Experience using the Unity game engine to implement UI assets.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, and an ability to clearly communicate your decisions.
- Aptitude for working within an established art style, following written and verbal direction, as well as the ability to adapt to different art styles and genres.
- Work well within a small team environment and be confident in communicating ideas as well as taking feedback.
- Be a self motivated individual with a strong work ethic and good time management skills.
- Professional experience within a games studio is desirable, although less experienced candidates with an excellent portfolio will be considered.
- Experience working on team projects and contributing ideas to all aspects of game design.
- Understanding of/experience with free-to-play mobile games and the SLG genre.
- Any experience in programming in Unity, animation & motion design, or strong 2D illustration skills would be a real plus
You’ll be working in a relaxed, collaborative studio environment where everyone gets to contribute and learn from each other. Individuals are encouraged to learn new skills and get involved with all aspects of game development and community building.
The studio has two large kitchens, American pool table and a private gym, and we’re situated right in the city centre with access to numerous shops, supermarkets, and pubs. Elgin is a small but lively city just a few miles from the beach and beautiful countryside walks (or climbs, for the adventurous) and has great public transport links to the bigger cities of Aberdeen and Inverness.
Employees receive generous holidays, flexible overtime pay, and enrolment in our company perk scheme which offers discounts on cinema, shopping, technology and more.