We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to own and push forward all aspects of our user experience - be it engaging our customers' employees through our mobile apps or guiding HR through creating and administering their benefits programme through our SaaS tools. You will work at the heart of our small team in an exciting role that spans Product, Marketing and Engineering, to build products that are functional to use, beautiful to see, and solidly coded.
1/ Our Mission
Ben is building the best way for companies to care for and partner with their teams.
The way companies reward their people today is broken - it's a rigid, one-size-fits-all approach that hasn't evolved to meet the demands of the modern workforce. How we work is changing, but compensation - salary, bonus, equity, benefits - still takes the form of a static paper slip or PDF. Ben is changing that, starting with benefits.
Ben enables companies to provide benefits that teams will actually love, with zero hassle. We issue prepaid payment cards to each team member, so people can choose how they want to be rewarded.
We're proud to be backed by two of Europe's leading VC funds and the people behind companies such as Indeed, Transferwise, Workday, Nested and GoCardless.
2/ Your Mission
As the owner of UI/UX at Ben, you'll be in charge of thinking through what the best product experience should look like both for our customers' teams who engage with our products every day as well as HR as they create and manage their benefits programme. Our ambition is to to build a consumer-grade brand in B2B - and the user experience is at the core of that.
We’re looking for self-starters who are seeking a fast-paced environment where they can make a difference. Our team is small, which means high autonomy, ownership, and responsibility. We love what we do, have fun and, while we ship on time, take life-work balance seriously.
What you'll be working on
- As the owner of UI/UX at Ben, you will overall lead the definition, UX design and delivery of the experience - through our employee mobile apps and company SaaS tools
- Own the UX design process, including UX research, interaction design and wireframing
- Own the UI (visual) design process in line with our brand aspirations
- Work with users to understand their needs and identify opportunities for improvement and new ideas
- Collaborate closely with product managers and both front-end and back-end engineers to create a highly efficient agile delivery process
Behind the scenes
Our cross-functional team is focused on business goals and solving problems in an efficient manner. We want the team to collaborate on new ideas and projects to find the best solutions.
Ben is built on Python 3, Django, PostgreSQL and React.
You should apply if you
- Proven and comparable experience in a high-growth, fast-paced and successful digital business
- Deep knowledge in User Experience, Interaction Design, visual UI design
- A champion of design excellence, consistency and high standards of craft
- Bonus: A passion for brand and desire to shape it from the UI/UX front
- Strong problem solving skills - turning complex things into simple interactions
- Excellent communication skills adaptable to both tech and business audiences
- are a self-starter who thrives on autonomy, enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference
- have a continuous improvement mindset. You appreciate that there are always ways to do things better and ensure your team does too
- have a preference to action-oriented behaviour with just enough analysis, as compared to too much time spent doing analysis with no action
- have the ability to make decisions balancing different factors such as business requirements, technical integrity, overall priorities etc.
- appreciate the opportunities and challenges of a distributed work environment
- are solution-focused with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
3/ Things you should know
Distributed: We are a small, distributed team with people working in Berlin, London, Bucharest & Skopje.
It really is day zero: You are joining us in the first chapter of our journey - when every decision matters and your work has a material impact on the company.
Grow together: Continuous improvement is important to us, so we provide ample opportunity for personal and professional development through individual career plans as well as a generous training budget.
4/ How we partner with you
Benefits, it's all in the name :)
Enabling companies to care for their people is our mission - and at Ben we practice what we preach. You'll do some of the most impactful work of your career, and we'll sort the boring bits and make sure you’re having fun.
- Competitive salary & equity, so you own what you build
- £500 Learning & Personal Development Ben Balance
- £200 Personal Ben Balance per month: £100 for health & wellbeing and £100 for whatever works for you, whether that's Netflix, Spotify, or a really expensive cup of coffee
- The tech setup of your choice (fully specced MacBook Pro or equivalent, monitors, etc.)
- Team activities (virtual lunches, livestream yoga, etc)
- Flexible working - we're serious about life-work balance
- Minimum of 28 days of holidays a year
- Pension contributions