New Zealand Trade and Enterprise
What you’ll be doing and why you might be a good fit:
You will have UX and UI experience and are confident in your abilities. You may be a senior UX designer, or a digital designer with a strong UI background who has had exposure to the UX process or has collaborated and worked with a UX Designer. Whatever your UX background may be, we are looking for someone to join us that is an independent ‘doer’ but also a team player, who has real passion for delivering great experiences (we have the technology here to support this!) – you’ll be running point on specific workstreams and projects, collaborating with other teams and designers across the business.
The knowledge that will help you succeed is:
- strategic and hands-on design experience, with a solid understanding of mobile-first responsive design
- mobile app design experience
- being comfortable owning the design process from inception to execution
- the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people, from product owners to other creative teams at NZTE, translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final UI designs that lead to intuitive user experiences
- experience working in a fast-paced agile environment.
Why you’ll love working here:
NZTE is a truly global organisation where we work across different time zones and offer flexibility because of this. We know that life isn’t all about work so we will give you the right technology to allow you to work anywhere and balance your time. Work life balance is important to us - you may have a family, need to work different hours to normal to match someone special in your life or a personal interest that you need time freed up for – let us know what could work for you in your application. We offer 5 weeks annual leave so you can have that extra time in the year to enjoy what you love doing too!
We have a culture of trust and encourage experimentation in a learning environment – we have each other’s backs and want you to feel safe to be your best self at work.
Have a read of the position description on our careers site and if you want the chance to grow yourself and help shape UX Design at NZTE, apply now! Applications close Monday 10th August at 9am NZT. You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.