UX Design Director
It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a UX Design Director to help us hone the strategy and design that we will use to help us develop meaningful experiences for our users across all web and mobile. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people and can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes and products, both interactions and visuals, then this is the right role for you. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continually deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward in helping people pursue fitness every day.
As UX Design Director you will work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to help solve complex problems. All work you do will be rooted in data-informed and design thinking methodologies and will strive to always keep the user in mind to help elevate the experience with our product.
What you'll do:
- Lead and build the UX design practice at Equinox Media
- Lead projects across the entire product lifecycle. You will contribute to the vision for the user experience and work with others to iterate towards that vision
- Partner with engineering and product to decide on design options and advocate for users
- Foster collaborative environment for the team by encouraging the sharing of ideas and openness to feedback, learning, and iteration
- Communicate with management team to analyze, design, document and communicate the short and long-term UX & Product Design strategy
- Lead and coach a team of designers through rapidly evolving complex demands including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to the team
- Contribute UX and Design thought-leadership
- Maintain partnership with marketing and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across all consumer touchpoints
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
Who you are:
- 7+ years of UX design experience at consumer-focused tech or media companies, mostly for mobile experiences
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions and ideas for UX design strategy
- You have a consistent track record of launching simple, effective, and eye-catching products in a highly collaborative work environment.
- You are a pro in Figma, Sketch App, Principle, Keynote, Confluence, Jira, invision, Zeplin.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more resilient company. We celebrate unique points of view and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's successes. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.