Lead Product Designer
Piktochart is a web application that combines the power of design and storytelling to help people create visuals at work that matter. Intuitive user interfaces plays a crucial role in empowering the users to create communication materials that they would not have otherwise been able to.
The Lead UX designer is someone who loves making complicated workflows simple. You’ll be taking user insights, business needs and transforming them to create intuitive and elegant experiences for a seamless design editor. You’ll be responsible for taking products and features from early concepts and low-fidelity wireframing through prototyping, iterating based on feedback, working with product managers and engineers on implementation, and measuring the outcome of your team’s work. You’ll work with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales and marketing, and interface closely with customers to solicit feedback and test your designs.
- Manage high level product design strategy while remaining hands on in design skills
- Oversee a team and gather and synthesize feedback from multiple constituents (users, customers, product managers, sales, engineers) to design new features and interfaces for products.
- Oversee the team members’ development including performance assessment, coaching and feedback; and training.
- Use customer feedback and research findings to recommend and implement updates to the product.
- Constantly re-evaluate and iterate on product interfaces based on feedback and measured performance bottlenecks.
- 5+ years of experience in Product/UX design in a highly technical environment and at least 2 years in a management/leadership role
- Must possess an enjoyment of analytics and a curiosity for discovering insights from data
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain using data and customer insights to influence design decisions
- Knowledge of industry standard tools including Figma and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration skills. You must be comfortable and confident leading discussions at all levels.
- Able to balance customer frictions and needs with business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
- A portfolio that showcases a sophisticated aesthetic with strengths in design systems, and visual storytelling.
- Experience managing, and a passion for developing people and building and leading strong teams.
- Remote in Asia / Europe
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.