Lead UX Designer/Researcher
Who we are
Total Brain is a mental health and fitness platform powered by neurotechnology. Founded on the notion that our mental health can be measured, improved and managed like our physical health, Total Brain measures the 12 brain capacities that define mental health, screens for the risk of common mental health conditions, creates self-awareness and accountability, and engages individuals in mental fitness programs that maximize their mental health. Providers, companies and individuals all benefit from the Total Brain platform, including companies like Boeing, Nationwide, Accenture and Activision, as well as millions of consumers and veterans through integrated partnerships with the AARP and IBM.
The company was founded by Dr Evian Gordon, Md, PhD in 2000. It is headquartered in San Francisco but staff are largely decentralized across the US and Sydney Australia where the company was publicly listed 20 years ago.
Our Values Define How We Roll:
Compassion: We deeply understand and help every stakeholder
Passion: we are 100% present - 100% of the time
Dispassion: We let go of what we don’t control and we make time to create energy for ourselves
*Amidst the social chaos created by COVID, our company is growing and doubling its headcount in 2020*
About the Job:
We are hiring for an experienced Lead UX Designer with a strong product design background, process driven, and relevant background to take part in web and mobile projects aimed to improve thousands of people’s lives in a profound way. You will be at the forefront of our product innovation efforts, creating meaningful, inspiring and great-looking experiences for our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct user research to learn about the behaviors, attitudes and emotions of our users. Gather insights from customer feedback, site metrics, market segment analysis, usability findings, etc. to inspire and inform your designs.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and scientists to understand and translate functional requirements into easy-to-use and thoughtful designs.
- Communicate the design intent at various stages of the process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or prototypes.
- Create all the design assets necessary to develop the final product. Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements and improvements.
- Contribute to our Design System, maintaining detailed user-interface specifications and mobile/web design patterns.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer –or similar role– creating digital products, working closely with end-users, peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Experience conducting applied product research, and/or focus on directly relevant research topics.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and tablet design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Great eye for visual design and layout.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.*
- Education and Experience:
- 7-10 Years of experience as a user product designer, UI/UX designer or similar role.
- An online portfolio of samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- BA/BS in design-oriented discipline (or equivalent work experience)
What we offer:
- A flexible, collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged
- Regular Science education sessions and all hands meetings
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or family medical, dental and vision plans, commuter benefits, medical & dependent flexible spending accounts)
- Flexible time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Maternity and Parental paid leave
- Company wide retreats at locations all over the United States