This role reports directly to the CTO/CPO of Elephant. As a UX Designer you will impact the entire process of our customer’s user experience from branding to design, usability and function.
The successful candidate will work closely with our product management and engineering team to deliver simple, functional and beautiful products to our clients.
This is a full-time position. The team are currently working remotely but as we move back to an office we would offer flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Elephant’s systems are predominantly AWS cloud-based with web (today) and mobile interfaces (in the future). The role requires a comprehensive understanding of user experience and interface design, and candidates should know that great design bridges cultural and educational boundaries.
We ask that all candidates submit a design portfolio of previous UX design work for review.
We’re looking for a passionate, good humoured and technically excellent designer to join and contribute in Elephant’s fast-growing product and engineering team. You will have an interest in healthcare and a desire to work in a health technology company.
You will have proven experience designing exceptional user-experiences across a range of products and platforms - with an eye for integrated, beautiful and simple design.
You will enjoy working as part of, and helping to lead a cohesive engineering and product team (sometimes international and remote), and display ability to communicate with ease.
We’re looking for someone to work with our clients to understand their needs, problems and concerns. You will display a desire to workshop with our clients and users to develop and hone the experience of the product.
You’ll work on prioritising the features and improvements of the user experience with the Elephant executive team. You’ll oversee various product roadmaps and ensuring timely sequencing with the Elephant engineering team. You will also work with product managers to develop hi-fidelity prototypes carrying out usability testing where required.
As part of customer product experience, you’ll work closely with the software engineering team using an appropriate development methodology to breakdown features into actionable work (epics, user stories) and then perform acceptance as per the definition of DONE. You’ll ensure they are well-written according to best practices (INVEST, AC). You will own and help to ensure the product backlog for the teams is in good shape (DEEP principles).
You will have:
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience working in a UX designer role;
- High level of skill with design tools e.g., Photoshop, Figma, Illustrator Sketch, etc and an ability to assist others with these applications;
- Previous experience in leading a UX or design team, with visible mentoring capabilities;
- Excellent personal communication skills (listening, verbal and written);
- Excellent critical analysis skills, dealing with ambiguity and presenting and communicating complex ideas with clarity to a wide variety of stakeholders both internal and external;
- Decisive decision-making ability with the ability to evaluate compromises with the team;
- Experience with using data and metrics to drive prioritisation;
- A bias for action, and delivering results and being responsible to management for budgetary decisions;
- An ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders; and
- A natural propensity for enthusiasm, positivity, curiosity, innovation, acting with care for others, speaking with clarity and candour.
The ideal candidate would also demonstrate the following skills:
- The ability to travel to customer sites in Africa and the Middle East when required (often at short notice).
What do we pay?
The pay, depending on experience is between £40,000-70,000 pa with generous stock options. Your salary and benefits will grow significantly as the company continues to grow.
Elephant offers a market- competitive salary and equity package, including pension and 25 days holiday plus public holidays.
We also offer the opportunity for regular international travel to engage with our customers on the frontline.
What sort of company are we?
We are a small band of experts. This inspires our purpose as we focus on delivering solutions for real-world health and social care problems. Our culture is open, creative and collaborative, and we believe that products, whether used in Sudan or San Francisco should be intuitive and beautiful.
We have a firm code of principles based on transparency, safety and security, and want to build trust in all those who work with us. If you think you have what it takes, please get in touch.