A little bit about us.
At TurboTenant, we believe in leveling the playing field by giving small 1-50 unit landlords the tools that the large apartment complexes have. And we offer them for free. So far we have helped over 250,000 small landlords manage their rental properties and create a great experience for their tenants!
If you join us, you can look forward to working in a fast-paced, performance-driven startup environment. We’ve all got more work to do than hours in the day, but you’ll be making a big impact on both the company and the lives of our users. There is no shortage of opportunity for a self-starter who takes ownership of their work and can execute.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Product Designer to work with our design team to own the user experience, user interface, and branding of all TurboTenant products and assets. You’ll work across engineering, product management, marketing, and customer experience to discover, improve, and define ways to deliver value to our customers through great design.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Sketch and prototype ideas in order to communicate across the product organization
- Design detailed interactions and components that are utilized by the engineering team to build high-quality products
- Deliver designs under time pressure. In a fast-moving environment, needs change constantly and design can’t be the bottleneck.
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative user research
- Work with Product Managers to define what is being built on a day-to-day basis as well as contribute to the overall roadmap
- Work with Engineers to ensure the user experience and visual design matches your high standards
- Work as part of the Product Organization to accomplish quarterly and yearly OKRs
To apply for this position
Send a cover letter and include one key experience that makes you perfect for this role, as well as a review of one product (digital or otherwise) that you recently fell in love with and why. Even if you’re Andy Budd, you will not be considered for this position without a cover letter.
You’ll need the following in this position:
- Strong interaction, visual design, and UX writing skills
- Be a magician in Sketch, Figma, or the like
- Experience using an already established set of styles and components
- Comfort talking to users and experience following user research best practices
- Experience writing communications with users including emails and in-app messages
- Experience working alongside an entire product team including Product Managers, Engineers, QA, and Product Marketing
- A strong product and business "sense"
- Comfort working directly with our leadership team, pitching your ideas, defending your thoughts, and making product decisions
You don't need to have a certain degree or a specific amount of experience. We care more about your work ethic, product sense, attention to detail, communication skills (especially written), and a history of coworkers that loved working with you.
TurboTenant is located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado, and we would love it if you were too. Preference will be given to candidates that could come into the office a couple of days per week for in-person meetings.
We believe the two most important things we can provide our team members are:
- An environment that will push you to reach your potential.
- The opportunity to make a big impact on both TurboTenant and the proptech industry.
That being said we're also proud to offer:
- Competitive Compensation and PTO package
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid birthday off
- 401k Matching
- Generous equipment budget
- A productive office environment to use regularly or whenever you’re in town