Senior Product Designer
Yara Digital Farming
About Yara and Digital Farming
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries and has helped to reduce NOx emissions by 1.4 million tons in 2016. That's equivalent to the all of the NOx emissions produced in France or Germany. With this level of reach, you'll be able to make a real and tangible impact with your work.
A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal. We are building solutions for farmers, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into solutions. Our team are made of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, solution managers and product owners. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority within Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field.
In this context we’re looking for a seasoned, German speaking Product Designer (UI|UX) to help turn our mission from vision to reality. You own the product's design from the beginning to the end of product building.This is your chance to join an exciting, high growth venture and help shape the future of the least digitized industry!
- Act as a UX expert within an agile product development team
- Create a meaningful and valuable user experience on mobile and web platform
- Create and establish a scalable design system to ensure consistency, simplicity and efficiency
- Establish the use of best practice UX design methods and techniques
- Drive solutions from ideation phase to delivery collaboratively
- Visualise and prototype viable solutions to enable continuous collaboration and early feedback
- User Research and testing with real users is an essential part of your design process
You're a fit if you
- Have several years of experience designing multiple software solutions (ideally also B2B)
- Have designed experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- Own success & failure of design and share learnings actively
- Have a track record of optimizing the usability of a product
- Solve challenging problems creatively while relying on "build-measure-learn" as well as your design skills
- Are a feedback fan: you give, receive and implement feedback quickly
- Must have: speak German fluently (at least C1) and English
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- A very competitive remuneration and an unlimited work contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- To participate in in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
- To chose your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.