Director of UX
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for a Director to lead, inspire, and develop Rover's UX function comprised of research, product design, and design systems. As a business-oriented UX leader at Rover, you will leverage your previous design management experience, human-centered methodologies, design expertise, and product insights to evolve the Rover experience in a highly analytical product development environment. You'll work with product leadership in defining an overarching product vision, continuously action opportunities for infusing customer-centricity into the day-to-day (voice of customer program, quality of experience benchmarking), and be an omnipresent champion for user experience and product consistency.
- Guide your team in identifying and actioning future features/services, shipping evidence-based product improvements, and defining the quality bar for design and research.
- Refine the long-term product vision for Rover's global experience.
- Develop, communicate, and action a cohesive strategy for how the team's output creates and delivers customer value and advances the product vision.
- Understanding business allocation and resourcing UX team to best support.
- Directly influence or inform future product roadmaps and opportunities for investment.
- Develop the research function empowering teams with rich, actionable customer insights and data.
- Support the ongoing maturity of our design system (Kibble), drive efficiency, and create consistency for our cross-platform experience.
- Lead the team and inspire cross-functional peers in evolving a customer-centric product development process while recognizing the importance of balancing pace and precision.
- Define, evolve, and communicate UX's business value to stakeholders, including general managers, product management, engineering, brand, and marketing.
- Partner with our Brand Studio to ensure continuity of experience across all customer touch points.
- Encourage a diversity of perspectives inspiring an inclusive product experience.
- 5-10 years of experience managing research and product designers in a fast-paced, analytical, and highly collaborative startup culture.
- Experience leading teams through highly complex product opportunities/challenges fostering an iterative launch and learn environment.
- Experience working on a global product - understanding how to build scalable designs that can flex across languages and users
- Experience working across multiple product groups to identify opportunities for greater stakeholder alignment.
- A diverse portfolio of cross-platform B2C projects influenced by your product thinking, craft, and customer focus.
- Experience creating and evolving design systems as a cross-functional product between UX and engineering.
- Strong communication, storytelling, presentation, and writing skills.
- A proven record of coaching researchers and designers to magnify their strengths and develop their growth opportunities.
Benefits of working at Rover
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently being performed virtually due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.