As a mid-senior Product Designer you will be responsible for owning a key part of the digital experience for hotel professionals who use our SaaS software. These hoteliers use our software to craft intricate business strategies in order to successfully sell hotel rooms through booking engines and online travel agents.
You will work closely with the Product Manager, Product Owner, Principle Engineer and delivery teams to research, design and deliver user-focused products in an agile environment.
This role is best suited to an experienced and confident web designer with balanced UX and UI skills, who is comfortable with systems thinking as they are with customer-focused design.
Who we are
Ever booked hotel accommodation on Booking.com, Expedia or TripAdvisor? Chances are, you’ve used SiteMinder. Our goal is to liberate hoteliers with technology that makes a world of difference, and we do that by helping them find and acquire guests online.
We are the world’s leading guest acquisition platform for hotels, supporting 35,000 hotels in 160 countries to generate more than 87 million reservations on our platform each year.
As a Product Designer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Research, design and delivery of user-focused products in an agile environment
- Proactively gain in-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry, user personas and various distribution systems used
- Conduct user research interviews and user acceptance testing with global customer base
- Develop user journeys, wireframes and hi-fidelity, interactive prototypes
- Implement UI based on a design system and extend it where needed
- Align with the broader company design direction and work closely with all design team members
- Present to and communicate with senior management and other stakeholders
The ideal candidate will possess:
- You have a strong entrepreneurial and curious mindset and are obsessively customer focused. You proactively seek to deeply understand user problems and challenges, and have the ability to translate this knowledge into a seamless, efficient user experience
- A systems thinker who can see the big picture, seek out and thrive within constraints, and create visual artefacts that help align the vision for teams, while remaining laser focused on details
- A strong communicator who can feel as comfortable talking to customers as they do with stakeholders and team members
- Great at distilling complex requirements into easy to understand visual artefacts
- Proficient with design, prototyping and delivery tools such as Sketch, Figma, Principle and Zeplin
How to apply
Does this job sound like you? If yes, please apply with a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply
Why join SiteMinder HQ?
See where the tech magic happens at SiteMinder HQ - the home of our product and development teams. We’re the trailblazers of our industry and our enemy is closed thinking, so you’ll have the chance to be creative and question the status quo.
Every day, you’ll have new problems to solve - and meet new people to learn from. Our executive team and global functions are based in Sydney, so you’ll benefit from access to leaders and collaboration with people from all walks of the business. We continue to grow rapidly and we’re committed to supporting the learning you need as you grow with us.