Coinsquare’s Product & Engineering team is on the hunt for fresh thinkers and makers to join our growing design team.
As a Product Designer, you’ll use your design skills to better understand our users, create solutions that meet their needs and to achieve Coinsquare's business goals. You'll also continue to grow your design expertise in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Join a motivated, energetic team of Product Managers, Product Designers and Engineers working in an exciting and emerging space - cryptocurrency and blockchain technology - building the financial institution of the future. Your work will make a real impact and you’ll collaborate with many other disciplines to create elegant and delightful digital product experiences.
As a startup in an emerging industry, this is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The learning is virtually limitless - help shape not only your own career but a new industry. If you’re fuelled by curiosity and want to be on the forefront of an exciting business, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Continuously level up your knowledge in this emerging industry; develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products to bring new ideas to the team
- Figure out what users need and find opportunities to improve their experience through user research methods such as empathy interviews, surveys and usability tests
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data to derive insights, solve problems, and refine the product experience on our web and native mobile app (Android/iOS) platforms
- Drive human-centred design activities, working in concert with product teams, to create creative and compelling solutions
- Define and validate user experiences through personas, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and other design artifacts
- Operate and grow your skills across the entire product design spectrum, from discovery/research to delivery/execution
- Collaborate with the product and tech team through the entire product development lifecycle
- Propel the Coinsquare brand through experience design; evolve and maintain Coinsquare’s design system
Experience you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, related field or equivalent hands-on experience
- 2-4 years of work experience in a digital product design role (bonus points if you’ve led both research and design activities within a product-led organization)
- 2-4 years of design experience on web-based and native mobile app platforms, comfortable with technologyYou’re fluid and able to operate at any level of zoom from the big picture down to the pixel
- You’re skilled in human-centred design methodologies, beyond the UI, and are able to influence and help others understand that design is more than just “skinning” an interface
- You’re pragmatic and believe in an iterative design approach, using tactics such as A/B testing and rapid prototyping to inform and evolve design solutions
- You possess a growth mindset and are willing to step out of the design space to strengthen your skills and competencies as a designer
- You’re a master at adapting to the ever changing tools of the trade; able to use tools in the modern product design stack such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin
A portfolio review and/or design challenge is required as part of the recruiting process. We understand that interviewing and applying for a new role can be time consuming so we do not give take-home assignments to respect your time.
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.