UI UX Team Lead
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
What would be your impact?
Digital products are at the very core of Infarm vertical farming systems. From monitoring our farming systems to the operation planning, execution and reporting.
You will lead the UIUX Design team, shaping the end to end experience of these products, delivering on point interactions, information and beautifully crafted design systems to our range of experts worldwide.
- Open minded with a desire to lead and advocate UIUX impact throughout our company.
- You have 7+ years of hands-on experience building meaningful digital interactions from ideation to implementation with 2+ years of experience in a team leadership position mentoring and elevating a team of designers.
- You have experience in B2B operational digital product design with a strong usability focus that you can demonstrate in a strong portfolio. (Operation, logistic, greenhousing, food and fresh product preferred)
- You are fluent with iterative UCD methodologies and data driven insights . User being at the center of it all you dont hesitate to be hand-on in the field supporting shadowing, interviews, usability testing to unveil core user needs from qualitative insights to big picture trends.
- You are capable to proactively scale and prioritize design processes in order to deliver high quality work within a defined timeline and comfortable work pace for your team.
- Great communicator you can maintain a clear flow of information and mutual understanding regarding project goals and priorities to your team and stakeholders.
- You have experience with sprint project management applied to the Design process.
- Mastering of key prototyping/visualisation prototyping tools (Adobe suite /XD, Sketch, invision; Axure).
- Lead and support the execution of projects throughout all design phases from field and user discovery to engineering followup in implementation
- Ensure the well being of your team for their daily work as well as their career growth.
- Set up relevant project design processes and follow up with team members on its implementation and success.
- Ensure constant communication with the engineering team, product manager and design dept. Manager.
- Play an active role in the development of the UIUX design team and its culture
- Mentor and guide team members in their skills development.
- Nurture a point of view at Infarm on design good practice with workshops organization.
- Support and advise on the uiux design team growth.
Please send inquiries with your resume and portfolios (web or pdf, etc). Make sure to at least integrate a link to your portfolio in your CV or resume. Applications with no portfolio will be disregarded. If your portfolio is a PDF, add a download link in your Resume or application letter.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.