UI/UX Product Designer
Fuze is in the business of collaboration. We enable our customers to communicate any way that fits their needs—from calling and messaging to video and meetings. It’s our job as a design team to create experiences, informed by the users themselves, that solve their needs and represent the Fuze brand.
Behind the curtain of our desktop and mobile apps are a set of back-office products aimed at making teams more effective and the management of users easier. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, and we are always trying to find ways to improve how they use and manage Fuze.
This role will join a team of user experience designers and help shape both our end user apps and our management products.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
As a designer, you’ll be working to execute towards our roadmap, objectives and key results as well as inform the design culture at Fuze. The right person for this role is an independent thinker, with a collaborative spirit and the desire to learn, grow, and push the team. We are made up of designers from many backgrounds and skill sets, and the desire to learn from each one as well as give back to the team is the most important attribute of this role.
The successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of experience in product design, with a supporting portfolio of work
- The ability to work and collaborate with remote design and development teams
- A modern design aesthetic
- A passion for both UI and UX
- Experience in responsive web application design
- The ability to present work and articulate rationale behind decisions
- A love of collaboration, giving and taking design feedback constructively
- A passion for discovering and exceeding customer needs
- A willingness to pitch in for the team and drive progress
- Intrinsic motivation
- Demonstrable experience with both Sketch and InVision
Nice to have:
- Mobile design experience (Native Android/iOS)
- Data visualization experience
- Creating, maintaining, or working within a design system or library
- Creation of illustration/iconography
- Coding or prototyping skills (CSS, HTML, animation etc.)
- Experience with Design Led Thinking or user research
- Familiarity or desire to learn WCAG/Accessibility Design Standards
Software (Either be familiar with, or have a willingness to learn):
- Google Apps