Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
A UX Researcher has a solid foundation in User Experience Research, is comfortable using a broad range of methods, and works as a strong partner and collaborator within a cross-functional setting. They conduct exploratory and evaluative research efforts to understand small business behaviors, needs, challenges, motivations, and mental models. They take what they learn, synthesize it and then surface insights and opportunities within their working group and beyond.
For this position, we are open to mid-level and senior-level candidates.
What you'll do here:
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and other cross-functional teammates to provide research that supports the objectives of the product and needs of the Mailchimp small business customer; align research activities to inform decision-making and action
- Represent the voice of the Mailchimp customer among cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting the small business user, their needs, and behaviors
- Apply both quantitative and qualitative research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to surveys, card sorts, tree tests, statistical analysis, in-depth interviews, contextual interviews, moderated and unmoderated usability studies, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Scope, plan, and execute research studies, with minimal support and guidance
- Effectively communicate findings and recommendations to product teams and stakeholders that surface recommendations and implications
- Partner with Product Analysts to synthesize large behavioral data sets to create a complete picture of the Mailchimp customer, their behaviors, and needs
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proficiency in survey design, data analysis (qualitative and quantitative), discussion guide writing, and interview moderating
- You have experience working with large scale data in mixed method research
- You have solid presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow researchers, leadership, etc.)
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong cross-team collaboration skills
- You have strong analytical problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to translate research findings into actions and recommendations, while considering company and product goals
- You have experience in an Agile software environment preferred
- You have experience with mobile products is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.