ndustrial.io is a Raleigh, NC based startup looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join the team and help us continue to improve the energy management industry. We are looking for someone who is really passionate about their work and can be a big part of a small team. Someone who can be counted on to continue driving us forward. We are not the kind of startup that expects you to work insane hours or sleep at your desk but we do need someone who understands how a startup works and is willing to be a part of the sometimes crazy ride.
If that sounds like something that gets you excited, read more to understand our specific needs.
The UI/UX Designer will turn our software into easy-to-use products for our clients. UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to see it and meet you. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Design software interfaces leveraging existing design systems while also contributing to the ongoing growth of our visual identity.
- Work with the product team, development team and creative lead to ensure goals are being met through the interface and experience.
- Defining user flows
- Ensuring our software integrates with defined user personas
- Participate in UX workshops with both internal and external users
- Build out design prototypes along with full hi-fidelity mockups
- Have a constructive voice. It will be expected and respected.
- General graphic design needs. Business cards, signage, websites, etc.
- Break down complicated user flows for multiple personas and design outcomes
- Formulate design concepts and take them through development to implementation
- 5-7 years of robust UI experience with a focus on user experience.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Ability to conduct user testing and user feedback sessions with Director, VP, C Suite level
- Experience with mapping user flows using Figma, Sketch or InVision.
- Can take requirements and product decisions and translate those into high fidelity comps that account for all required functionality.
- Experience with Agile and project managing with the ability to help create product requirements.
- Offers suggestions to improve products through design and interaction
- Ability to communicate designs effectively while taking constructive feedback.
- Understanding of any tech restrictions in order to ensure design concepts can be built out to spec.
- Portfolio showcasing UI/UX work and general graphic design skills.
- Mentors Junior UI/UX Designers
- Nice to have IoT and/or Backend experience
- Unlimited PTO (as long as it isn’t abused)
- Medical, Dental and Vision, STD, LTD, Life, AD&D insurance
- Healthcare stipend (covers employee medical, dental, vision premiums, STD/LTD/Life Insurance fully paid too).
- Professional Development stipend ($500/year).
- Team outings, catered lunches, celebrations!
- Flexible work environment with telecommuting options
- Witty banter (working with us is like being in a bad Aaron Sorkin movie)
- Dog friendly office
- Conveniently located on Fayetteville St in Downtown Raleigh
- We limit our use of buzzwords
- Direct access to all employees of the company, no middle management hell. You will work feet away from the CEO & CTO and we usually will go to lunch together.