Freelance UX/UI Designer
Avex is a New York City based creative, marketing and e-commerce development agency. As NYC's premier Shopify Plus agency, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Hugo Boss, Undefeated, Simmons Bedding, TombBoy-X, Marchesa, O'neill, Reem Acra, Badgley Mischka, and many others.
We're a small, but growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-commerce strategists. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team.
We believe that our work should not only produce amazing results for our clients, but that it should also be fun and rewarding. Avex believes in a strong work-life balance, not just churning out projects.
Ok, we'll stop bragging... Let's talk about you!
About this role:
Freelance Designers will be responsible for designing best-in-class e-commerce experiences, helping our clients execute "on-brand creative" and increasing conversions through user-experience design. You will work directly with our design, development, and production teams to oversee the successful launch of e-commerce websites for fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and luxury brands.
What you'll be doing
- Work with Project Managers and Strategists to execute compelling e-commerce websites.
- Design mobile-first website mockups using Figma
- Create sitemaps and wireframes
- Email design creative
- Apply QA revisions to mockups
- Work with developers to provide art direction
We are looking for a candidate to contribute, improve and optimize our process, as well as bring new ideas and strategies to client projects.
- Link to portfolio with amazing e-commerce websites
- 3+ years of experience designing e-commerce websites
- Hyper aware of design trends, especially within the e-commerce space.
- Knowledge of vertical rhythm and typography
- Excellent communication skills
- Great sense of design
- Knowledge of Figma and other modern design tools
- Experience with Slack, Task management, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Hourly (or project rate) Salary based on experience
- Remote / WFH
- Possibility to transition to full-time
Please apply by sending your PORTFOLIO LINK, resume and a little about yourself. We’d love to talk!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more at: https://avexdesigns.com